Straight through cat back!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

revlimiter

RMS Regular
OP
revlimiter
ahh rite well thought i may aswell go loud before the feds take the backbox off me anyway,mate jus got straight thorugh on his 323 sounds very well angry as **** tho

revlimiter

RMS Regular
OP
revlimiter
she has a single 3.5 inch outwardly rolled on at the minute and for cheapness im sticking with that but straight through from the cat back!its just far too blody quiet

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
i wouldn`t go for to loud cus if u don`t have a big engine to support the note then it will sound like fook all

Gambit

RMS Regular
there's nothing worse i think than a car with an exhaust that is stupidly loud when it goes past you at 20mph in 4th gear

bit like that 2-tone AX i see farting about belfast, so loud its just ridiculous

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Straight thru from the cat back?? so ur getting one silencer removed ? :?:

I used to have the CAT and Centre box removed with just the Dtm backbox. Sounded well, especially changing down a gear. But it got annoying .... Fast.

revlimiter

RMS Regular
OP
revlimiter
fellas im not sayin my corsa is a rocket ship but i could piss on a lot of things!and it is big enough to support a note believe me!il happily demonstrate if needs be!!!!!!!!!

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
i just put on a decat, and i have to say it really changed the sound quote alot. its just on with the std system at the moment, but adds a rasp to the engine note.... then burbles when comming off the power....

i think it supports the note alright.... :grinning:

Gambit

RMS Regular
revlimiter, its an 82bhp corsa, you'll just sound like every other little boy racer in his raspy corsa - try n make it sound decent.

Rallycomms, do you work down round Shorts/Shipyard or was it another Red 306 Rallye i spied yesterday evening about 5.45

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
not me lad. someone else saw a red one around belfast the other week, then i know a mate sho saw red one up in Portstewart, and was impressed until it started...

it was a Derv with rallye stickers! lol

revlimiter

RMS Regular
OP
revlimiter
high lift cam, skimmed head and a few other things bring it up a bit from 82bhp,theres no rasp off it i assure u i think it sounds grand not like the usual but think the best noise u can get from a corsa is the 16valve induction roar!tbh ive never heard a corsa that sounds like mine must jus be the combination of the engine work and the exhaust components

revlimiter

RMS Regular
OP
revlimiter
still not quick more surprising just my aim is 110hp fuel consumption would suffer seriously at that tho

Mr 106

RMS Regular
alright mate, good to see you finally got it done ;)

some people know *** all squared on this forum, dont listen to them :grinning:

revlimiter

RMS Regular
OP
revlimiter
hi daz good to hear from u must meet some time this weekend if ur about!sounds bloody well i have to say!ul be impressed,had engine work done 2 when i blew the head off got it done she goes well but problem with valves at present thing timing must be off slightly!still goin well mind u!

Mr 106

RMS Regular
yep we were just thinking the same last night - "must see james"

perhaps sunday?

just keep it out of the redline mark ;)

maybe the duration of the cam means you need stronger valve springs?

revlimiter

RMS Regular
OP
revlimiter
could well be something along those lines il take u a run in it but hard to hear anything over hte pipe now!she goes alot better with it done!do u hvae backbox or is urs pipe jus?

Emmy

is it really that loud? i was given a straight through wiht my motor to put on it for up to the cat and if its going to be really loud i dont think i fancy it, it was bad enough with the saxo having a cherrybomb back box which you can hardly hear the person next to you when your speeding up a dual carriageway.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
revlimiter said:
high lift cam, skimmed head and a few other things bring it up a bit from 82bhp,theres no rasp off it i assure u ...

a rasp ain't always a bad thing!! there is a rasp of mine at times.... but it sounds more than fine!

If you have a stainless system or backbox, a decat will really make it quite loud! quite droney at high speeds perhaps depending on the car. not something to do if you want the quiet life!

ibitza

RMS Regular
Drives
seat ibiza
i want to quiet mine down now , cus when ur siting at 70 its to loud u cant speak to ppl properly

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.