Straight through cat back!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Emmy

so if you just have the silencers up to the cat removed its not going to be mad loud? just a little quicker? thats what i think this is but i dont want to put it on if its going to be too loud as my dad drives the car as well. oh and its a jap car so i know it will have a nice note to it anyway.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I have the std backbox and centre section on the rallye, with two silencers. Then i have a straight through decat pipe on.

the result is, its still pretty quiet outside the car, but inside its made it louder. you can here it burble when you come off the throttle and when its comming unto the power band, there is a raspier sound. Once you hit about 80 and are cruising you'll probably get alot more noticeable drone...

If you have an aftermarket backbox or centre section a decat will make it louder imo, and probably create a louder drone at high speeds

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
ibitza said:
i want to quiet mine down now , cus when ur siting at 70 its to loud u cant speak to ppl properly

can they be made quieter?? i got the quietest box from poerflow, but its still louder than i wanted :worried:

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
it put a full powerflow on my 200sx from turbo back no boxs it put s out 3foot flames!!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.