Sub Advice

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cormac

RMS Regular
Ive 2 12" Pioneer TS-W303C 500W (160wrms) here, brand new nvr been used, Just wondering if there any good? If i were to use them id have to buy an amp and get 2 boxes made to house them this would cost maybe 150 quid, ive been looking in the back of revs mag there and i see theres sum cheap deals 12" sub, box and amp for around 150,

What shall i do?

Cormac

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
Young rushe has offered me a twin 12" box so now all id need is an amp!!

Would a 1000W 10" sub pump out as much bass as 2 12" 500w's??

Cormac

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
no

you cant really judge it like that it all depens on how its installed.

i have a single 12" sub that is louder than some cars with 2 15" subs

but generally speaking a 10 will be tight and punchy, 12 will still have puch but drop a bit. 15's go low but dont normally have a lot of punch.

also the sub power rating means nothing unless your actually gonna power it to its full potential. ie buying a 1000W sub and putting a 100w amp on it is not gonna get you 1000w of music your only putting in 100W and a hell of a lot of that is lost in the sub.

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
The 2 12's are 160wRMS would a 300wRMS amp be "powering them to there full potential" ??

Once i have this all installed would someone like ice dealer/installer be able to tune the amp for the subs? id want them running and sounding as best as they possibly could!

Cormac

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
aye should be fine at that. although it doesnt hurt to have too much power on tap. pushing 300w out of a 300w amp might kill the subs cuz it will more than likely be distorted signal. but a 500w amp pushing 300w will be giving nice clean signal as its got plenty left before its maxed out.

id say go for the biggest amp you can afford. if its too much for the subs you can adjust the gain so it doesnt over power them.

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
Cheers Buff!!

Wat would be a desent amp to buy, aroud 100 quid's worth, are there any cheap online places or what about ebay??

Cormac

Rushe

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar/ Chevy S1
If you take the box i'll set it up for you :grinning:
Go on to http://www.caraudiodirect.com and look at the amps on there. Normally very competitive, read the reviews etc.. then price around for amp you like.
If its just the sub's you want to run buy a mono block.
Might be selling my Kenwood mono block soon but will be looking more than you want to spend.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.