sub cutting out??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jmax

RMS Regular
my sub is cutting out but when i press against the cone it starts beating again

ne1 have ne ideas what could be wrong

baron

RMS Regular
could possibly be the tinsel lead on the terminal or cone, trying pressing on each to check, and if it is just solder it up again and should last another while.

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
Krisclio ( SQD ) said:
voice coil probably blown.

was thinkin that lad left it in 2day to get it checked and sorted

trixtery

Drives
Clio 1.2
that happened to an mtx sub i had, its fuked. My da solderd it, it worked 4 a while but bass blew it off same with tape. Get it replaced if u can if not try n fix it u may as well nuttin 2 lose. By the way its the 2 wires that come from the cone to the magnet 1 of them is loose. As u know they shudnt b goin like that if its a decent sub. Hp thats some help ps my ol 1s sittin in the garage, was a 15in 2!!!

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
yea know what u mean m8 but its 2 old to get it replaced probably just bin the sub and get a new 1

trixtery

Drives
Clio 1.2
yeah well it cud ave jus worn down the wire with the vibrations. May as well have a luk at it yerself then.

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
left in into audio advice and their goin to have a look and it and get me a price to fix it

trixtery

Drives
Clio 1.2
Gud stuff. See wat they quote if its 2 much better gettin new 1 as im sure ud already know. L8r

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
get the tinsel wires lengthened... its a problem i keep havin, ends up nippin the tinsel wires!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.