Sub Positioning

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

focus_rs_jonny

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
sorry andy, was going by watts max power..so people see no real point in changing the box, would love 144/145 just for prosterity!!

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
144/145 on that mic is a hell of a lot .different mics get different scores eg i done a bit of testing down at in car audio the day before barons show and i was hitting 146.5 on their mic then went down to barons the next day and hit 142.6. the mic emma use is meant to be more accurate and genrally reads lower so hitting 144/145 on it will be very hard i would even be happy with that and i was aiming for 150 db before that

-Pete-

RMS Regular
getting just 3 or 4 db louder from the same kit would require some serious work just to do it and even then the chances of hitting it are slim. you would also make your kit unuseable for daily listening as it would sound so crap. its just as i told you above.

daves the perfect example, he has some serious power and a great box/sub combo and hes in and around that score, i dont think those infinitys could match it, not without a great deal of work.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.