Subaru impreza type R (winter car)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Got this wee car a couple of weeks ago after i sold my makinen evo..I had one of theses cars last year before i sold it to my mate (who wrote it off).These are far more craic in on the slippy roads than any evo (due to the diff control)..

They make a great drivers car an would spit you out very quickly as they are very tail happy.This has sunny tyres which makes things even worse lol..

The weitec coilovers are as good as the xyz ones i had in my last one.Spirited driving on back-roads in this isnt a problem

When i got it i spent 700 pound on it putting a gates timing belt, new water pump, new thermostat, new sump, new engine mount, millers racing oil an a genuine oil filter..
I have a folder full of reciepts an every mot certificate from new.
Just 65k miles on the car..

Approx 330 bhp

Simtec ecu mapped by jolly green monster

UF 34 Turbo of a new age sti impreza

Reconditioned injectors

Bigger intercooler from new age sti impreza

TSC 3 inch firstorm from turbo to back with de-cat

Weitec coilovers

3 working gauges

Black revolution wheels (no more white wheels to keep clean)

awq1x3.jpg

f2fex.jpg

ar09h.jpg

14xm8t5.jpg

2rdkjk5.jpg

29erfn.jpg

15zqrkp.jpg

245dipz.jpg

zsqnfr.jpg

gary87

RMS Regular
Looks in great shape. 3 door Impreza's are one of the iconic Japanese cars of that era. Nothing beats the Boxer warble.

Gemma

RMS Regular
VERY nice...... i would love a scoob at some point in my life, has to be a 2 door (y)

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Looks well, the mention of Sunny tyres scare me though lol

Lol there some craic i tell you..Just need to be carefull who i let drive it.Mate put triangles on his just before he rolled it:-# These are no better

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Lol there some craic i tell you..Just need to be carefull who i let drive it.Mate put triangles on his just before he rolled it:-# These are no better

Yeah they can be a handful in the wrong hands at the best of times never mind with those on, good luck with it, as you say, much more fun than an Evo :p

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Stefan you know your suabarus. What bhp would you think this would be with that spec? I dont have a rolling road sheet

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Stefan you know your suabarus. What bhp would you think this would be with that spec? I dont have a rolling road sheet
If standard injectors your talking about 320bhp, if bigger ones are in there your probably not too far away at your 330bhp estimate.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Good stuff. Wasnt too far of then..

Was just thinking my evo was just over 380 bhp an i think this would sit with it. Think this would be about 200 kg lighter an it also has the added bonus of the quick gear ratio.Downside to this is the fuel consumption but i dont mind that. Just checked there an at 80 mph in top gear the engine is at almost 4500 rpm:eek:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Good stuff. Wasnt too far of then..

Was just thinking my evo was just over 380 bhp an i think this would sit with it. Think this would be about 200 kg lighter an it also has the added bonus of the quick gear ratio.Downside to this is the fuel consumption but i dont mind that. Just checked there an at 80 mph in top gear the engine is at almost 4500 rpm:eek:

Yeah you need less power in the Impreza, especially the Type R, we would regularly sit with Evos 100bhp more than us. Your speed sounds a little high, I would just check it with a sat nav as it will be running through a speedo convertor etc and could be off a bit.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Lol that make it even worse than:laughing:

Pete

RMS Regular
Drives
stinkin disco 2
Love these! How hard are they on fuel? Insurance is about 1100 for me at 22 so it could be winter fun lol
Most mpg I get out of my civic is 27 :worried:

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much

Nice car love the older 2 door scoobs and Japdreamz is running a rolling road day on sat 3rd nov if you wanted to check the figures on it £25 per run at autotune ballymeana

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I filled this up an i have done 105 miles an the lights near on again lol..

They are a sow on petrol:laughing:

If your any way worried about fuel consumption these are not the car for you(y)

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Nice car love the older 2 door scoobs and Japdreamz is running a rolling road day on sat 3rd nov if you wanted to check the figures on it £25 per run at autotune ballymeana

Good price but i would use about 70 quids worth of petrol to get ther an back:laughing:

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Pete I filled this up an i have done 105 miles an the lights near on again lol..

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Heres the white one i had last year before my mate wrote her off:-#

34r7og0.jpg

Pete

RMS Regular
Drives
stinkin disco 2
I loved the look of that car :worried: not too worried about fuel for fun consumption just when I do alot of miles between work and play lol I have seen the civic get £30 or £40 a night never mind what that would drink haha

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I filled this up an i have done 105 miles an the lights near on again lol..

It should do about 160-180 miles on a tank. What I meant about the speed was that it should be around 4000rpm rather than 4500rpm at that speed so check your speedo isnt under reading or anything.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Suppose its in between the 2 Stefan, but either way its still a very low gear ratio

2eean3l.jpg

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Yeah they are low ratios, Im at 4500rpm in the RA at around 70ish, I dont do many motorway miles in it so it doesnt bother me really

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
That's lovely, would have diff wheels if it were mine but would't mind those rims spose as they are light, maybe gold paint on them

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.