Subaru Impreza Wrx Prodrive Blobeye

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
I can't get over the Subaru itch, I've tried twice already with a blobeye 1.6 that couldn't pull the skin off custard but sounded right, and a blue bugeye with a constant list of issues from the previous owners that just kept growing every time one issue was sorted. This time, I'm hoping I've got it right. Spotted on marketplace one day when I was bored in work I knew I was screwed right away
2019-10-09 19.06.51.jpg

2019-10-09 19.07.02.jpg

2019-09-29 18.33.48-1.jpg

2019-09-29 18.35.29.jpg

2019-09-29 18.33.57.jpg

2019-09-29 18.34.04.jpg

Spec is as follows:
Prodrive kit with Certificate
Alloy wheels powder coated
Indiglow dash kit
Pioneer double-din headunit with sub in boot
Japspeed full exhaust system, including up-pipe
Japspeed alloy intercooler
Cruise Improved Craft gearknob
Greddy Type FV blow off valve
Perrin Wing Stabilisers
SARD Rising Rate Fuel Pressure regulator
Greddy Profec b-spec II boost controller, boosting safely at 1.2 bar on high & 0.7 bar on low
Blitz oil cap

Picked it up 2 weeks ago and been loving it since. Only issues I'm having (hoping not to laugh at this later) is a squeaky power steering belt (already bought, but alternator bolt is looking pretty stripped so not going to be fun) and blow off valve not setup correctly. Will be going to @bludgod for a remap at some point hopefully. It's loud enough as it is with the baffle in the exhaust, I made the mistake of taking it out and going for a late night run, it went straight back on afterwards. Theres only so much I'm sure my neighbours can take

Attachments

• 2019-10-04 21.11.09.jpg
    2019-10-04 21.11.09.jpg
    660.6 KB · Views: 147

renman8957

RMS Regular
OP
renman8957
Drives
Megane RS250
20191107_163127.jpg

Cheeky lowball offer on an HKS induction kit worked out, fitted this afternoon along with a set of Philips Extreme Vision headlight bulbs, noticeable difference for now but will need to get a headlight restore kit soon. Replaced the belts last week, managed to get the alternator bolt out with a bolt removal kit thanks to the mashed head on it, replaced with an ebay replacement, no more squeal

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Autoglym headlight restore kit is decent!!

Looks in good shape! Hate those mushroom looking air filters but other than that spot on!

renman8957

RMS Regular
OP
renman8957
Drives
Megane RS250
Autoglym headlight restore kit is decent!!

Looks in good shape! Hate those mushroom looking air filters but other than that spot on!
I quite like it, not a huge fan of the chrome though so going to sort that out. Was thinking the Autoglym or Holts kit

renman8957

RMS Regular
OP
renman8957
Drives
Megane RS250
Went with @Stu Beck and @mr_s81 and thought I'd fit a standard recirc valve. More of a pain to fit than I thought, intercooler off just for the jubilee clip. Certainly sounds different anyway, hard to tell if theres any difference

renman8957

RMS Regular
OP
renman8957
Drives
Megane RS250
Few updates, sold the intake so back to stock. Found the original rubber/plastic intake pipe had a rip at the turbo end and sortof ballooned so upgraded to a silicone pipe, had no idea just how much of a ball ache it was going to be to fit. Also replaced the up-pipe as it was leaking, along with both gaskets, the headers gaskets and downpipe gaskets. Fitted a MAC 3 port boost solenoid instead of the Greddy 2 port on @bludgods recommendation so the boost control was back to the ECU instead of the Profec 2. @bludgod spend a night with me mapping it, running much much better and backfires properly now.
FB_IMG_1582454995386.jpg

Took it on one of the Stenaline Scotland daytrips in February alone with @Ceebl And @warren. I wish I could say my day was as trouble free as theirs was but not quite. The power steering started off fine, but as the day went on it was getting tougher and tougher, can take alot of effort to turn left especially. Done some reading and still unsure if it is the pump itself or if it's the battery as that also seems common, then trying to find which pump it has and bracket as both need replacing as the adjuster had snapped previous to my purchase. The exhaust is also rubbing on both the back bumper and somewhere around where it meets the downpipe. Have attempted to rectify both both, but both noises came back with avengence on the trip. I love the car and I'm glad I took it on the daytrip, but I think for the next roadtrip we have planned I may take the MX5

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Lovely looking example, and that last photo is class! Hope you get the issues sorted out without too much hassle and have her running as close to perfect as possible soon :grinning: (y)

renman8957

RMS Regular
OP
renman8957
Drives
Megane RS250
Lovely looking example, and that last photo is class! Hope you get the issues sorted out without too much hassle and have her running as close to perfect as possible soon :grinning: (y)
Me too, was great fun to blast around those Scottish roads, deafening the gf for the first half without the baffle in the exhaust. Thanks muchly