Suggestion… for us older rms fans..

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Not quite 20 years. Joined from BangorCruise after it went down temporarily. Was bouled quite severely by PacMan for wanting to add bonnet stripes to a Mini Cooper which put a pause on any further posting for about 4 years thereafter.

Oh and I just found this on Google lol:

@Rocko @Cooper

Telegraph1.jpg

Telegraph2.jpg

Can't find Gary's photo.

Trying to remember when I joined BangorCruise. Late 2000 maybe.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
Not quite 20 years. Joined from BangorCruise after it went down temporarily. Was bouled quite severely by PacMan for wanting to add bonnet stripes to a Mini Cooper which put a pause on any further posting for about 4 years thereafter.

Oh and I just found this on Google lol:

@Rocko @Cooper
I see 'Felt Spec' was a thing back then too 🤣

"I've seen quite a few daft modifications over the years," recalls Barry. "Like when someone hasn't had the money to get their suspension lowered properly and has taken an angle grinder to the springs themselves."

saxo_man

RMS Regular
2003, was working in JC Stewart’s at the weekends when Steven Anderson told me about it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
14 July 2009 for me. I remember being told off by admin for making a funny at another member, banter banned, went back to the 44 for another few years 🤣🤣

Wasn't me back then 8o|

Was not long a mod by the time RMS had it's 10th birthday which I think was 2011 ish.

But jeez, the PM's and gossip I've been recipient of over the years has been something else. Lot of good friends made from on here and some of the dealings and goings on has been (and continues to be) amazing :joy:

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Wasn't me back then 8o|

Was not long a mod by the time RMS had it's 10th birthday which I think was 2011 ish.

But jeez, the PM's and gossip I've been recipient of over the years has been something else. Lot of good friends made from on here and some of the dealings and goings on has been (and continues to be) amazing :joy:
I remember the profile pic of the admin was like a yellow t shirt or something, can't remember the name, not seen them on for a few years, big dawg or something like that?

Found him I R Hillbilly
Screenshot_20240608_102036_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I remember the profile pic of the admin was like a yellow t shirt or something, can't remember the name, not seen them on for a few years, big dawg or something like that?

Found him I R Hillbilly
View attachment 436886
Hillbilly was far from being admin of any sorts 😂 He was more likely to be banned just like the banter! 11/11/1911 I think he used to say? 😂

In fact here we go
Banter banned 7/7/1911 B.B.P.M

Last edited:

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Whatever happened to Skiman?, remember a thread years ago where he was getting a touch of banter and didn't take too well to it!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
He got smoked by @Gaz in an old Volvo and became Stephen T.
**** me I forgot about that 😂😂😂😂 Superb!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
Anyone remember the fella had a white modified micro then had a 318 then an mr2 turbo. He introduced me to rms when I first started my apprenticeship so would have been 2004. I think he moved to Australia. Can’t remember his name or username 🤣

I can’t remember if I signed up then or just lurked. I definitely remember that Volvo thread from back in the day though 🤣

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
**** me I forgot about that 😂😂😂😂 Superb!

The Skiman days were some craic, on a somewhat related note I made this 14 years ago and stumbled across it again a few weeks back