Super Unleaded 99 Ron Launch

arnbeckett

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR/Defender
Our store Spar Loughbrickland has launched a new grade of fuel, Solo Super99

I have a GTR at stage 4.25 with 3 Ecutek maps based on fuel Ron (95,97,99) as we can't get 99 in N.I and I can't run full power we set about sourcing it ourselves, it is 97Ron with an Exocet additive blended to produce 99.

I see the Super Unleaded thread raise its head from time to time so wanted to make the community aware of the new 99 available.

20211216_140938.jpg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Our store Spar Loughbrickland has launched a new grade of fuel, Solo Super99

I have a GTR at stage 4.25 with 3 Ecutek maps based on fuel Ron (95,97,99) as we can't get 99 in N.I and I can't run full power we set about sourcing it ourselves, it is 97Ron with an Exocet additive blended to produce 99.

I see the Super Unleaded thread raise its head from time to time so wanted to make the community aware of the new 99 available.

View attachment 344188

Race ye 😏😂

Sounds good, I'll have to give it a go soon

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Cheaper than BP Ultimate - I have switchable maps so could run this fuel if it was more local :worried:

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Awesome it’s available.
However unless a car is actually tuned for it it will not give much benefit.
Genuine question but if that’s the case, why do Tesco market it? Maybe they don’t even do it anymore, I have no idea. Very few cars (as far as I know anyway) must use 97ron but yet enough do to warrant most suppliers carrying it. Wonder why only Tesco went as far as 99? Or are there others? She’ll V power?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
At least we know where the next RMS outing is going to

Take it you have never been to Loughbrickland……… 10 cars and it would be at a standstill

Not far from me so will take a spin out on the next fill which will probably be tomorrow 😂

Lee

RMS Regular
I'd imagine it would be good to use in a highly strung/tuned car even if it's only mapped for 97. It would allow a bit of wiggle room

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Genuine question but if that’s the case, why do Tesco market it? Maybe they don’t even do it anymore, I have no idea. Very few cars (as far as I know anyway) must use 97ron but yet enough do to warrant most suppliers carrying it. Wonder why only Tesco went as far as 99? Or are there others? She’ll V power?

Tesco were just trying to copy Shell with their V-Power.

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Good news this, every time I bring a car over from England I am having to use 97 with an octane booster.

A.M.Q.R.

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GT TSI
It is E5 and will continue to be even when we change next year, Super Unleaded is to remain E5 everywhere I believe.
You've haven't heard any rough date in the new year when the E10 is coming into the terminals?