suspension knocking noise

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
well during the week had a look at everything underneath for the second or more time, gearbox mounts, engine mounts, cv joints, driveshaft seals, trackrod ends, droplinks, top mounts all to make sure they where ok even though i had replaced most of the above.

everything was spot on. checked the ARB and they looked fine but decided seeing as its a cheap and quick fix i would change them too, took the old bush out on passenger side, bush looked near perfect, no cracks, no deforming, so was a bit downhearted putting the new one in thinking problem will still be there. so annoyed i didnt even take it for a trial run, i just left it in the driveway for a few hours. low and behold when i did drive it, noise was gone. covered about 50miles tonight and it has definately gone.
so after spending around 200quid on parts, most of which would need replaced soon anyway, it turned out the problem was 6quid bushes. awh well. im just glad i fixed it and i have no more clunking. (y)

cheers for the help people

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Good to see you got a result on this annoying long runnin problem ...
I have a similar noise so was followin this with great interest , as u said ,in the end
was a inexpensive " try an see " fix .

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Good to see you got a result on this annoying long runnin problem ...
I have a similar noise so was followin this with great interest , as u said ,in the end
was a inexpensive " try an see " fix .

cheers. yeah definately was ''try and see'', thankfully i got it sorted as it was really beginning to grate on my nerves and the next stop was off to the mechanics.

Deathhead

Drives
Fabia vRS
Mine done this Colly, it was the topmounts.

The bearings inside were buggered. Havent heard it since they were replaced.

Mogan

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 4 GSR
Mine is also knocking a bit will be changing the suspension and bushons soon tho so I'll see after that, congrats on getting it sorted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.