swaping a car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i know there are alot of people out there selling a car and finding it difficult to get cash buyers ! i havent really tried hard to sell i suppose but my car has been put on most n,i websites with no interest. is there no one who has a family sports car interested in swaping for a 3 door sports car anymore , i dont understand is it just me i havent had any offers ...or do people know im a fussy cnut and not bother ,, i actually wud prefer to swap for the right car ..saves me being without transport

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Do you realise how hard that post is to understand? :confounded:

Car market is completely fooked at the moment. I gave up trying. :worried:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Market is dead Ferrett. Unless its keenly priced it ain't going anywhere!

Jason

RMS Regular
I have no idea what its about, iv had about 20 odd part ex offers but im going to hold for cash......

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
wot i mean is there seems to be alot of part ex,s and swaping going on and ive had no offers at all . when i had my 5 door vtis i,d have broke someones arm for a civic type r swap obviously if it had have been valued at similar money.

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Wouldn't worry too much about dropping your price either... as you will be able to bargain over the car your going to buy anyway

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
give me call amos 07788140045

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
ive it priced at £5750 ono wud talk money to anyone who can flaw it or a genuine buyer am not gona take stupid money for it as it is one of the best examples around car requires nothing at all so i can drive away at it .. its just getting uncomfortable in my auld age getting the wee lad who is 2 in and outa the back thats all no faults ..

allan99davis

RMS Regular
Drives
GTti
i am havin trouble myself trying to rid on the m3 have had a few offers for 03/04 imprezas as p ex's but am not interested due to already havin a sub lyin in the garage..

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
i havent really been proactive in selling mine.
got made redundant today so need to pull the finger out to clear the credit cards before money runs out :worried:
do people still bother with autotrader mag or is it all online? where?

millhouse1002

RMS Regular
Drives
55MPG!
i had problems shifting my car also, but got shifted last week, went for a swap to a 328i sport, which is what i was looking anyways.

but the market is dead at the min...new car market is also dead..

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Ferrett I had to drop £1k on my CTR to actually get it sold. That's the difference between it sitting in your street forever more and getting it sold... there are cash buyers out there but they are very canny and know that they don't have to pay as much to get the cars they want.

As they say, it's only actually worth what someone is willing to pay. And in today's market, that is a LOT less than it would have been 6 months ago. The good news is that I got my 306 almost a grand cheaper than what it was worth 6 months ago.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Ferrett I had to drop £1k on my CTR to actually get it sold. That's the difference between it sitting in your street forever more and getting it sold... there are cash buyers out there but they are very canny and know that they don't have to pay as much to get the cars they want.

As they say, it's only actually worth what someone is willing to pay. And in today's market, that is a LOT less than it would have been 6 months ago. The good news is that I got my 306 almost a grand cheaper than what it was worth 6 months ago.

The good thing about the drop in the market is that once you get yours sold the new car you want to buy will also be a lot cheaper that it would have been 6 months ago! The drop in prices is really only of benefit to first time buyers and those with enough money to buy another...its the same as the property market!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.