swissvax not as it seems......

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Thread resurrection time…

I’ve been looking to get Swissvax Best of Show Wax as it seems to give amazing shiny results and is compatible with Xpel ppf. It’s very, very dear at £78 for 50ml (ie about half a toothpaste tube’s worth) so was wondering if those in the knowledge might be able to point me to an identical alternative?

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4

I’ve been looking to get Swissvax Best of Show Wax as it seems to give amazing shiny results and is compatible with Xpel ppf. It’s very, very dear at £78 for 50ml (ie about half a toothpaste tube’s worth) so was wondering if those in the knowledge might be able to point me to an identical alternative?
Before I got this and my previous car ceramic coated, I was used Bilt-Hamber Double Speed Wax.

It goes on easy, a bit grabby when buffing off - but gives a good shine, and last well.

Yer man John on Forensic detail channel rates it highly too.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Gyeon Wax is our best seller these days, everyone seems to love it. So easy to use and beading is incredible.

Double Speed wax is great too, but much harder to use. We would sell twice as much Gyeon than Double Speed.

Naviwax is also great for gloss and beading, but doesn’t last long.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
its like carbon fibre bikes and wheels, people say the cheap chinese ones are made in the same factory etc as the top brands ones costing 10x as much. BUT the cheaper ones may be made from the same moulds etc but lower QC checks, inferior materials etc.

This is actually True with Hoonda Carbon parts apart from VIS

Seibon and other bigger brands are made in the same factories in China, same products and the quality is skimped in manufacturing.

Open mould, cheap gelcoats and single layer of carbon with the rest of the part laid up in CSM FG .

Seibon bonnet £799 vs £500 no name usually the same quality of part

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Thanks for the replies re wax.

I’ve been a user of Collonite d’Elegance stuff but now I’m looking for maximum gloss on a red car and not too bothered about longevity or beading as the car doesn’t go out very much, or in the wet.

@Woodcutter would you know if Gyeon, Double Speed or Naviwax are PPF compatible and which is glossiest?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Thanks for the replies re wax.

I’ve been a user of Collonite d’Elegance stuff but now I’m looking for maximum gloss on a red car and not too bothered about longevity or beading as the car doesn’t go out very much, or in the wet.

@Woodcutter would you know if Gyeon, Double Speed or Naviwax are PPF compatible and which is glossiest?

Can’t answer regarding Gyeon, BH etc but I know for a fact that Mitchell & King Rosso is compatible with PPF due to the low Kerosene content. Rosso is specifically for red cars and M&K waxes are excellent. £39.99 for 50ml.
Link; Rosso

They run discounts frequently for instance at the moment ‘15’ will get 15% off.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Pinnacle souveran paste wax is amazing on red cars.

Not sure on the PPF compatibility. I have a jar you’re welcome to test it.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Just look for low solvent content, but to be honest you would be best waxing the panels that don’t have ppf and then adding an Si02 sealant on the PPF.

You won’t improve the finish of PPF much and the sealant will have more benefit to the PPF than the wax and has a much bigger chance of bonding to it for lonfer

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Can’t answer regarding Gyeon, BH etc but I know for a fact that Mitchell & King Rosso is compatible with PPF due to the low Kerosene content. Rosso is specifically for red cars and M&K waxes are excellent. £39.99 for 50ml.
Link; Rosso

They run discounts frequently for instance at the moment ‘15’ will get 15% off.

Is 50ml enough for a couple of cars? Seems wild money for the 200ml but maybe it’s worth it? I’ve one red car in getting resprayed and another just out of the painters needing tidied.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Is 50ml enough for a couple of cars? Seems wild money for the 200ml but maybe it’s worth it? I’ve one red car in getting resprayed and another just out of the painters needing tidied.

Obviously depends on size but I would say you would get 5 applications from 50ml on a medium sized car.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Pinnacle souveran paste wax is amazing on red cars.

Not sure on the PPF compatibility. I have a jar you’re welcome to test it.
Thanks, that’s very kind of you but I’m not very local anymore.

These are the levels I’ve got to with XPEL sealant on the front area, and Collonite Marque D’Elegance at the back

CE874DF2-2C17-40E4-88B7-3CFEFE7E4A4F.jpeg

1FD8FC93-78D1-4524-912D-A43DA0EBEB24.jpeg

But this is what I achieve - which is Swissvax BoS - but without forking out for it
92451E29-EA4F-496F-8C66-E510452AE774.jpeg

EC016B3F-7EBB-4558-8E4F-FA0C97CA19C5.jpeg

Last edited:

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

Having used Swissvax Bos it is a good product however as you probably know 99.9 of the finish you will achieve will be from the prep before hand.

The next best wax I used was Blackfire Midnight Sun. Its not cheap either but its about half the price of Swissvax for a bigger tub.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
The true finish doesn’t come from the protection it comes from the prep. If you want that finish the only way you are getting there is to properly machine polish it.

Also the lighting in those photos are flattering it too so I wouldn’t get too hung up on that.

If you aren’t competent with a machine polisher get proper paint correction carried out. A proficient detailer is capable of polishing the PPF too to restore more clarity in it also.

Need any advice, ask away 😎