Sydenham Bypass

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Surely it just can‘t be me that finds the bypass city bound an absolute disgrace of a road. I know they’ve resurfaced a large part of the country bound but the state of the road city bound is shocking. This expansion joints are awful and there‘s a really unpleasant camber as you come round to the lights a Dee Street. Does anyone know if a resurface job is planned. As the major arterial route from Down and E Belfast and from C Airport , surely it should be better?!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Nothing in the pipeline this year as far as I know. Company I work for has resurfacing contract for the area...

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
It’s always been terrible for as long as I’ve driven and even longer if I remember right. Remember bouncing along there as a passenger in my dads Orion and that was 20 odd years ago. He traded the Orion in for a brand new focus. I’ve had my license nearly 17 years.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Nothing in the pipeline this year as far as I know. Company I work for has resurfacing contract for the area...
Don't suppose Connsbrook ave is in the pipeline? I have been complaining to roads service for 2 years now!

Gambit

RMS Regular
need to sort Dee street junction and reinstate the connsbank road opposite shorts to airport road from back in the day

Connsbank road - That could still happen eventually as harbour commission purchased land directly opposite it on other side of carriageway over the rail tracks from Glentoran back in 2019. All part of plan for removing/relieving dee street junction sometime in distant future

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Bypass won’t be resurfaced until after the new Harbour access road is approved and built. I had a meeting late last year with them about it, the plan was for planning to be submitted this year, but that may be delayed with COVID etc

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Don't suppose Connsbrook ave is in the pipeline? I have been complaining to roads service for 2 years now!
There was talk of that 21 years ago when I left Shorts lol. The Harbour authorities and the roads service are useless tbh. I came back to work at home just over 2 years ago and realised I was hitting the same sunken manholes that I had been hitting nearly 20 years earlier on some roads.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I remember reading something about that road being brought back up in 2015 and one of the reasons it wasnt pursued at the time was due to the load rating on the bridge and wouldnt hold HGV's

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Where’s the access road going?
1611141026425.png

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Strange that they wont use the old existing road which has traffic lights already

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
There was talk of that 21 years ago when I left Shorts lol. The Harbour authorities and the roads service are useless tbh. I came back to work at home just over 2 years ago and realised I was hitting the same sunken manholes that I had been hitting nearly 20 years earlier on some roads.
That's what is doing my head in, there is a crease in the road just outside my house, through a manhole cover that every time a bus or lorry goes over the crease it vibrates my house.

Now this is only a rough estimate, but I reckon that about 4 billion buses go down this road everyday.