Talbot Samba Rallye. Now even more pics on page 3!

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Yea about 20 years ago he bought a really clean one out of Roadside motors in Moneymore, it was totaly standard. He sold it on and that was that, about 6 years ago I was doing a night shift and talking about cars and a a guy told use about his Samba Rallye, turned out he bought of the guy my Dad sold it too. It was tidied up and stored away since but he'll never part her. Had a silver Samba about 6 years ago with really low mileage. Got her in Newtownards for a guy who bought it from a old Doctor, sold new out or Regency cars was really clean, should have kept it, only cost me around £100 if I remember?
That's class mate. Can't wait till this yoke is finished.

Thanks for all the comments folks.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
No... Still not working. I can't copy and paste from potobucket. Don't know what's going on. I have posted on other sites today. Mmmmm.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Just a sample pic to keep us happy until Faker gets his
pics up off the real thing . .

se-vende-talbot-samba-rallye.jpg

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Always had a soft spot for these cars. I remember when I was a kid the girl a who worked in Regency Cars in Newtownards had a full rally prepared one.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Yeehaa! Eventually. Don't know what the hell was going on!
96095033-28c2-481a-80bd-10ab1b82c5b1_zpsdc656cbf.jpg

2b91be4d-a5c6-4733-a8e9-0a18c8239392_zps376407c1.jpg

63e7f163-e048-4dcf-9280-c690eb433761_zps792ef55e.jpg
That's about it for the mo. I've a pair of cibie spots for the front, a set of wheels to be painted, and its for mot next week. I can't wait.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Why not! I went for a Motorsport look, and told the painter i wanted blue bumpers and skirts. He decided on Peugeot rally blue. I think when it has the Peugeot Talbot Sport decals on it, it will look the bizz. It's painted silver inside too, just like the factory built works cars back in the day, and present day WRC cars for that matter.

Set of rims to be painted, cibie spots for the front, and mot next week! All good.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Looks the part, but will you be able to get a bike in the back?!!
NO! :grinning: I'm coming to see you in about a week or so, for a couple of 1300cc homologation special pics. Nova v samba.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Why not! I went for a Motorsport look, and told the painter i wanted blue bumpers and skirts. He decided on Peugeot rally blue. I think when it has the Peugeot Talbot Sport decals on it, it will look the bizz. It's painted silver inside too, just like the factory built works cars back in the day, and present day WRC cars for that matter.

Set of rims to be painted, cibie spots for the front, and mot next week! All good.

Will look great either way. Can't wait to see the finished product. :grinning:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
NO! :grinning: I'm coming to see you in about a week or so, for a couple of 1300cc homologation special pics. Nova v samba.

Do well, give me a bit of warning though so I can get it dug out!!!

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Always had a soft spot for these cars. I remember when I was a kid the girl a who worked in Regency Cars in Newtownards had a full rally prepared one.
That wasn't yesterday! Heard about that one before. Where are they now? There was a load of them over here at one time.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
That wasn't yesterday! Heard about that one before. Where are they now? There was a load of them over here at one time.

It would have been the mid 80's I would think. They are still in Newtownards on the Portaferry road, and Siobhan still works for them. Don't know what happened to the Samba but she now rally's a 208 I think. If you wanted to know more about the Samba you could try tweeting her @Siobhan205

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Looks well. I really need to get a shift on with the 205 still!

PTS stripes will look the part on it.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Looks well. I really need to get a shift on with the 205 still!

PTS stripes will look the part on it.
Cheers.
Get your finger out lad! Your wee 205 rallye is in great shape. Flatten the hell out of it and paint the thing.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Rims are still to be painted, tyres fitted etc, and a few bits like the hydraulic handbrake have to be installed. But all is good. It will get a good detail then I'll stick up some pics. Yeehaa!