Tandragee 100 - Irish road racing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
where is best to watch at this? I've never been to the circuit before.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Check this out: Tandragee 100 Road Races
Also Guy Martin is racing:
The North Armagh Motorcycle & Car Club Ltd is delighted to confirm that Guy Martin will be starting at the 57th Around A Pound Tandragee 100 on Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd April 2017.
Guy will compete in both the Open and the Around a Pound Tandragee 100 Feature races on board the all new SP2 Honda Fireblade superstock machine.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
On my doorstep and always take off for the weekend, too many sirens is only depressing. There are some great vantage points, one of my favorites was at ashtree hill lane which runs onto the main cabragh straight you can google it. If you get as far as our place (NI Vans, Mini service centre) and turn up ashtree hill, go about half a mile and at crown of a gentle hill on LHS is ashtree hill lane, drive down that and park up, then just walk to end of road and you are at the start of the cabragh straight easy access

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Passed away this evening, was talking to a guy who raced with him a lot today, told me about him, big loss.

He was in a bad way, RIP

yvo6

RMS Regular
This is from the Press Release and it may give you a little insight of the guy.

Dario was a much loved competitor, who called the Tandragee 100 his ‘home’, did much to promote the Tandragee 100 across Europe and even had a tattoo of the Tandragee 100 Course on his arm. Dario started racing for fun at track days in Tuscany on a 600cc Suzuki and at the end of 2009, he decided that road racing was what he wanted to concentrate on. On the 12th June 2010, Dario set out on his first road race, Carpasio-Pratipiani.

When Dario first came to Tandragee in 2012 and was asked for his opinion of Irish Road Racing he replied “I completely fell in love with the Irish Road Racing World! I like the riders, the courses, the spectators and everyone in and around the paddock…I come in my van, by myself, for about 45 hours only to travel 45 hours back home again and I love it. There is a special atmosphere we can find only there. No other tracks give us this thrill, and no other meetings give us the sense of being part of a family.”

When asked what makes him love racing, he gave what can only be described as an honest answer, “When I race, I feel free – I do not think, just act or react. It’s a sort of trance and it is absolutely amazing. I feel at home and calm when I have my helmet on and the visor down, it’s hard to explain…everything is natural.”

Dario always had a smile and a welcome and was very popular in the paddock.

RIP Dario

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.