Tank chip

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
618224D1-54BC-4A92-B428-2D82495C2131.jpeg

Spotted this in last week’s MCN.
Anyone heard of it?
Sounds like snake oil (or snake chip) to be but I could be wrong?

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Load of balls I’d say. Do you remember them other things from years ago like a magnet or something that clipped onto your fuel line and was meant to align the microns. (Pardon the pun) or something along them lines in the fuel.

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Mcm also said the new fireblade is the best 1000cc superbike

MCN aren’t recommending it.
It’s just an ad in their back pages.
I’m surprised they allow it though given that it’s a massive con.

Oh and they’re not the only ones who rate the current blade by the way. Most publications gave it rave reviews. It’s an awesome bike and certainly holds its own against the likes of the current S1000RR, R1, GSXR etc.

And before you mention lack of performance in road racing, BSB, WSB etc, please remember that those bikes don’t even share a single bolt in common with the road bikes never mind electronics, transmission etc.

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr1000
Nobody mentioned racing bikes

As for the new fireblade how many do you see on the roads?? Ive seen 1 and it was a Hurst demo. The base model is near £17k and you get **** all on it and the old 170bhp motor. You'd get a full spec s1000rr gsxr r1 or zx10 for less than that. You need to spend £20k before you get the same kit as the rest of the 1000cc class. Hence why nobody is buying them

Its none of them are bad bikes but the honda is a rip off

MCN probs seen a backhander from honda

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
MCN say basically the same thing as you have. Great bike but expensive (as do Bennett’s, Visor Down etc)

I see quite a few 2015ish S1000RRs about but that’s about as fresh as it gets.
Personally I haven’t seen any 2017> litre sports bikes from any brands about and put this down to a couple of things;
Bikes becoming more affordable after a couple of years (you’ll probably see more 2017> blades on the road from next year on) and the rising popularity of nakeds / bobbers / cafe racers / adventure bikes.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.