terrano din size. is it din 1.5?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Im wanting to throw my head unit in my terrano but it has a radio with the hazard light installed. i cant imagine its too hard to relocate the hazards but the din doesnt look double? Can anyone steer me in the direction of what would fit as the fascia kits are £100 which is a complete rip off imo?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
No Facia made for it according to Autoleads........ that usually means it's single or double din. From memory, it's single! I have been wrong in the past. As Ian says,get a pic up - or measure the aperture. Din "E" as it is affectionately known is 178x48mm if I remember correctly.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks single to me?

url

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
thanks hannakournikova! its that size exterior wise? would it be double din? mine doesnt have the small cd player its more like a ford radio? does that size look like a double din? I thought it looked a bit small?

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Sorry it took so long. heres a pic. looks too short in the height for double din to me.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Ive the same problem. Will watch with bated breath lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
£100 for the fascia to fit that aperture seems OK. I wouldn't start to make one if I could buy the right thing for that money. The trouble is that the tooling cost must be amortised into the piece cost, and with low volume sellers, that cost of say 200 grand for tooling and testing, pushes up the piece cost. Many modern, oversized facias are well in excess of a ton for what seems like a few cents worth of plastic.

Last edited:

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
£100 for the fascia to fit that aperture seems OK. I wouldn't start to make one if I could buy the right thing for that money. The trouble is that the tooling cost must be amortised into the piece cost, and with low volume sellers, that cost of say 200 grand for tooling and testing, pushes up the piece cost. Many modern, oversized facias are well in excess of a ton for what seems like a few cents worth of plastic.

I understand what your saying but i just cant justify it haha

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.