Tesla Model 3 Performance

davyk31

RMS Regular
I would think a Taycan Turbo S would be plenty quick enough and a safer bet as right hand drive. On my GTS test drive I accelerated from about 40mph on an A road and our heads bounced off the headrests as I truly wasn’t expected it to lurch forward so fast. And that wasn’t full throttle. Not sure my wife found it so funny 😀 but she still let me order one.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
I’ve driven a turbo s, its not even close to the feeling 😂 they are awesome though.

I would love a Taycan but the range is crap and no supercharger network is a deal breaker for me.

Plus the Tesla somehow integrates into your life better. A bit like an iphone.

I’ll be keeping my 3 lol

c_rad

RMS Regular
I’ve driven a turbo s, its not even close to the feeling 😂 they are awesome though.

I would love a Taycan but the range is crap and no supercharger network is a deal breaker for me.

Plus the Tesla somehow integrates into your life better. A bit like an iphone.

I’ll be keeping my 3 lol

Having been in your 3 and felt how quick that was and the resulting laughing and baffled feeling of wtf just happened. I can only imagine that the sheer speed of the Plaid would be enough to cast any other doubts away.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
LHD daily is just a straight no. Nothing could swing that for me, on our roads for overtaking, car parks and barriers etc. crazy it’s even allowed to me marketed and sold officially as a U.K. car
I had a LHD daily here and a RHD daily in Madrid where I was working for around a year. Got quite used to swapping around and positioning for overtaking and stuff. Car parks and tolls were a bit of craic but I just accepted it as part of my choices lol. Not as bad as it sounds tbh.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
So bit of an update. This will turn two years old next month. I’ve done 30k in it and I think my time with it is coming to an end.

Overall it’s been a positive experience. My plan was to change it to a model s plaid but with tesla pulling the RHD variant it and no amount of man maths making sense of a £100k+ left hand drive car that has no lease options, it had me pondering what was next. Really I had intended in keeping this for 4 years.

I can’t really criticise the car itself in any way. It’s well made, fast, comfortable, looks pretty badass now it’s modified, fantastic tech. Objectively it’s the best car I have owned.

Over summer with random road trips here and there and the increased popularity of EVs it has been a pain in the ass sometimes and more recently I have been caught out with a few unexpected journeys that if I hadn’t had alternative vehicles I would have been massively inconvenienced.

The thing that kind of put the nail in the coffin though was driving my Dads L332 Range Rover for a few days.

I only ended up with this in the first place as my L322 **** the bed. I just love a proper Range Rover and the practicality of being able to tow, being able to throw wheels in the boot, dump runs etc. I would probably still be driving away at it now if it hadn’t as I loved it so much. I had been looking at getting a cheap van to lie about the place but adding another vehicle ontop of my already ridiculous fleet just didn’t make sense.

I’m also sick of paying a monthly for a car and one that has lost an absolute fortune in my ownership too. I know the tax incentives and running costs are a huge bonus but it’s still a huge payment a month.

So it’s going to be back to Range Rovers for me. There is just nothing like a full fat Rangie for an experience. On the hunt for the right spec L405 tdv8 autobiography. It is a genuine dream car for me.

I know I will miss the autopilot, I will miss the way it’s so easy to just jump in and go, in general I will miss how well Tesla integrate the car into your life, I will really miss one pedal driving round town!

Would I recommend one, absolutely. I’m glad I tried the EV thing, overall its positives outweigh its negatives. But the want to float along on air suspension with cooled massage seats and superior view of the road is just calling me back.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Welcome Home GIF

Tbf, monthly payments are the worst

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
J&F have a lovely 5.0 V8 autobiography at moment.

Wrong colour combo and I want one with the 1700w sound system

*edit I would love to buy from J&F again though, they really stand over their stuff!

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Morgan’s have a nice 2019 black on black with 22” wheels.

It’s over budget unfortunately, want to buy outright. I also prefer the interiors that don’t have them stupid haptic feedback buttons 🙈

Ideally I’m after 4.4tdv8 autobiography in black, dark grey or green, 1700w sound system, full black or mostly black with ivory seats and with an SVO kit to save me the hassle of doing it.

Seen one that nearly fitted the bill but it was a vogue se and I know I would rather hold out.

I’m in no hurry to get one just take my time and find the right one.

Once the Tesla goes I will probably buy something to run around in, in the meantime like an f30 touring or an l322. I say that but I am very impatient 😂

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
2017 is the sweet spot where you get the updated infotainment but still keep the physical buttons instead of them stupid haptic ones in case you didn't know that already. Though you don't get the facelift front and rear with them which is a bit nicer.

Sound system definitely worth it, it's unreal and my favourite thing about the car. Thought it was 2300w but have just checked there and it is indeed 1700w.

Also a well specced Vogue SE can be just as nice, but you'll notice the different quikity of interior trims, leather etc and more noticeable road noise with not as much insulation or double glazing.

Hope you get a good one, make sure and get a warranty!

Last edited:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Have you used the newer style buttons? They aren’t actually true haptic buttons and still have a physical sensation to them

Honestly I find them no different to use that the older style

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Have you used the newer style buttons? They aren’t actually true haptic buttons and still have a physical sensation to them

Honestly I find them no different to use that the older style

I have, we have them in all the time in work. Just prefer tactile buttons and also the finger smudges on the haptic ones would drive me mental. Constantly wiping the screen on the tesla!

@gav525 thats great info that! I wasn’t sure that year that changed. I’m going to try and buy one with good history then stomach up for the LR warranty.

I have my eyes wide open with them but there is just nothing else like them!

Jecks

RMS Regular
Sold mine a month back. Was the se, though had a really good spec including the 1700w speaker system. Only kept if for 2 months, various oil leaks, judder from standstill, judder when turning at low speed which to be fair a double flush of the transfer box oil fixed, dpf light coming on every 3-4 days, even after a long run and around 16-18mpg , il swear i had a leak in the fuel tank, worse mpg than my rs5. Lovely thing to drive but just didnt gel with it, probably if no problems with it i would have got on with it better. Luckily i Bought it cheap, so could sell it cheap.