Tesla Release New Model 3 for Orders

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Codenamed project highland, the new model 3 is now available from £40k to order online

1697575664235.jpeg

Not a dramatic improvement but an improvement nonetheless.

Deliveries start in January. I hoping I can now pick up an early Model 3 Performance for 20p.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
No indicator stalks.... that'll be a giant pain in the balls and is a pointless vanity project IMO. The rest does look like a decent upgrade but I wouldn't be buying one until I saw how the above pans out.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
How will the windscreen washers work with no stalks? Gear select is on the roof too 🤷‍♂️

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Indicating off a roundabout will be a challenge!

The rest of the upgrades are fairly significant in my opinion and address all of the shortfalls of the previous model. Improved ride quality, less road noise due to more insulation and double glazing all-round, significantly improved interior finish, ventilated seats, rear passenger touchscreen, improved range, the list goes on. Telsa stating more than 50% of the cars components have been updated.

With only a few thousand difference in price I certainly wouldn't like to have just bought one of the out-going models with my own money.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
How will the windscreen washers work with no stalks? Gear select is on the roof too 🤷‍♂️
If it's like the S the wiper button will be on the right hand side of the steering wheel now, which to be fair is where it is in most cars.

Interesting to find out more about the gear selector, though.

I have just looked at the range, though - 344 on standard 18's for the RWD and 421 for the LR, that's impressive! Real world we all know those figures won't be quite accurate, but if my Y is anything to go by, 85% of that is achievable in mixed driving. I can do about 228 miles compared to the 268 advertised on the 20's.

That would be 290 for the RWD and 355 for the LR. My previous golf got 335 to a 12 gallon tank on average.