Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm Certificate

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I'm flying over on Friday to collect my fresh import Subaru, however on attempting to insure with a few companies, they all either have no idea what the car is (No UK equivalent model) or they insist on it having an aftermarket Thatcham Cat 1 system installed and require me to produce a certificate. Wish I'd known this sooner.

I could have had a system fitted before collecting, however it's now too late to have this done, so I'm trying to find an insurance company who don't require this, and in the meantime I'll fit a system for next year's renewal.

Are there anyone still fitting Cat 1 systems in NI who can certify it for me if I self fit? I've fitted a whole load of car alarms over the years and it would be done to a very high standard, and I can show all connections and cable routing if needs be, or would this be a supply & fit only sort of setup?

Does @Blackline deal with it these days, or anyone else?

Thanks

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I'd imagine the certificate can only be signed by an authorised installer, who has fitted the system himself.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Is there not a place in Comber that does Cobra alarms behind the Solo garage?

Blackline

RMS Regular
I'm flying over on Friday to collect my fresh import Subaru, however on attempting to insure with a few companies, they all either have no idea what the car is (No UK equivalent model) or they insist on it having an aftermarket Thatcham Cat 1 system installed and require me to produce a certificate. Wish I'd known this sooner.

I could have had a system fitted before collecting, however it's now too late to have this done, so I'm trying to find an insurance company who don't require this, and in the meantime I'll fit a system for next year's renewal.

Are there anyone still fitting Cat 1 systems in NI who can certify it for me if I self fit? I've fitted a whole load of car alarms over the years and it would be done to a very high standard, and I can show all connections and cable routing if needs be, or would this be a supply & fit only sort of setup?

Does @Blackline deal with it these days, or anyone else?

Thanks

Sorry I'm only seeing this now.

We can supply and fit alarm systems if you haven't already got sorted bud.