The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
And all gathering dust in a warehouse barring perhaps a Sunday drive round the block once a year... Nice to see all those cars, but those types of collections just make me sad, lol. Basically a private museum.

Totally agree!

I just wish they would go and buy artwork or somehting else and let these out into the wild. Alot of it is for bragging rights anyway.

Just booked in for Porsche Club Ireland rerun of their Wild Atlantic Way drive in Oct...

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
FB_IMG_1620121410941.jpg

FB_IMG_1619802601817.jpg

FB_IMG_1619561038464.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos

absolutely mega aren’t they! The only thing that take away from them a little and it really is a very little, is the longer gearing meaning you have to have a bit of restraint on B roads when you would just love the be making the most of the incredible box and pedal layout more often but sharkwerks do a gear kit for them!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Free to a good home.
B22C5EB8-044C-49B0-AA91-4329D4A360E0.jpeg
I found this when clearing some of my father’s Porsche stuff.
Donation Newry Hospice.
PM your address.

Attachments

• 32EE7A67-EEAD-4ED1-9D17-A098702E1BD5.jpeg
    32EE7A67-EEAD-4ED1-9D17-A098702E1BD5.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 18FF0D72-89B2-4322-A0BD-8D71BC20B084.jpeg
    18FF0D72-89B2-4322-A0BD-8D71BC20B084.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 30

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
absolutely mega aren’t they! The only thing that take away from them a little and it really is a very little, is the longer gearing meaning you have to have a bit of restraint on B roads when you would just love the be making the most of the incredible box and pedal layout more often but sharkwerks do a gear kit for them!

how much is the gearkit out of interest @big_pete when i was thinking GT4 vs GT3 i did a little research on gearset and diffs. but anything was coming into 5 figures for bits alone which sounded rich for either just a diff (or internals) or gearing internals... i guess very low batch doesnt help

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I guess target market doesn't help for prices of stuff...

Have seen a GT4 gearset from America, can't find the link now. It was in the order of thousands. Five figures sounds a lot, presumably a complete rebuilt new box or something?

Impossible to tell how good (or not) any of it is unless you know someone personally who has tried it. Or are happy to take a punt at that money, and possibly a replacement gearbox down the line if something goes wrong.

The gearing "issue" really depends where you are coming from I think. And not really unique to Porsche either. It's really driven by WLTP.

It means there is less of working the engine at the limit.

But on the other hand the cars are designed to run with that gearing and you are not losing anything at all in terms of speed or performance. So if ultimate performance is top of your list then you simply won't care.

It's just us old farts going on about how noise and vibration and stepping out all sweaty and shaking is more important than Nurburgring laptimes :innocent:

But we buy 90's stuff for that so everyone is happy really :cool:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
how much is the gearkit out of interest @big_pete when i was thinking GT4 vs GT3 i did a little research on gearset and diffs. but anything was coming into 5 figures for bits alone which sounded rich for either just a diff (or internals) or gearing internals... i guess very low batch doesnt help

I have no idea lol! The smoking tyre did a video with it and he really rated the change

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
i imagine different CWP in diff would be 'easier' as no doubt the box itself is sweet...... they are just fabulous cars regardless, i love the look/size of the GT4 (and caymans generally) and the more i look and understand the various Porsche models... the more i love them all !! lol