the nova

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
a we bit of spec on her
body:
new, well never used shell bought from a rally prep team in germany £1500 delivered to here
converted to rhd from lhd
new wings from vauxhall £121.96
new front pannel from vauxhall £97.64
new doors from vauxhall £294.12 each
new bonnet £178.66 and boot from vauxhall £145.63
new gsi kit and all clips and brackets from vauxhal £296.96
new grille from vauxhall £29.15, new headlights £74.32ea and indicators £26.32ea
primed with a deep red pigment in the primer, painted ferarri rosso corsa red with 4 coats of lacquer each coat of lacquer containing 2g of metal flake and 2g of blue pearlescent
bumpers painted toyota 1c3, basically the dark corolla t sport colour
hella led side repeaters fitted £35.00
door locks, rear wiper, rear washer and bonnet badge removed

chassis
kw variant 2 coilovers £880 with pro tec ecentric top mounts £170.00
pro flex rally race super hard bushes all round £140
new bottom arms £76 ea
rally ball joints and track rod ends £250
gsi anti roll bar's front and rear £30
strut braces front and rear £200
dimma cage inside £250

wheels and tyres
5 x speedline allesio all fitted with 195/45/16 yokohamas, never driven on £1000

brakes
sri 130 front brake upgrade with red dot disks and pagid blue pads £300
sri 130 brake servo £25

engine
still to be done by mr stephen gault, expect something like keith's! £3000

interior
konig bucket seats red/black leather £1000
grey alcantara roof cloth £200
door cards and rest of car done in red and grey alcantara £220
steering wheel out of a lotus elise (on it's way) £80
isotta gear surround £55
rich brook gear nob £35
isotta handbrake £60
no rear seats, stripped out for sounds

the majority of stuff is still not listed due to the vast amount of it, but there are prices off my receipts, for all those inquisitive ones!!!

i could start going into the likes of more detail if needed ie; though these all need the vat added on to them still

rear brake drums £31.00 ea
h brake cable rh £6.94
h brake cable lh £4.63
rear shoes £14.21
rear wheel bearings £7.98 ea
wheel cylinders £7.39 ea
goodridge brake hoses £49.65
quick shift £28.00
outer cv boots £3.38 ea
outer cv joints 33.30 ea
oil pressure switch £3.76
oil filter £3.98
side sill clips 24x £ 0.18

but im sure you's get the idea as im now getting bored typing, and there is still about another 50 pages of receipts, never mind the shed load of receipts from armo at street racer, **** keeps buying stuff i like so in turn i then buy it lol

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
Nova Rac3r said:
I really cant see that money u have spent:relieved:

lol you need to look harder then, price everything from vauxhall, all body pannels and that, all bolts had to be bought in packs of 20 or 30, so that bumped up the price, plus ring street racer and ask how much i have spent with him on it, and i will garuntee you will be surely surprised how and why it has all added up!!!

Marc

RMS Moderator
does the 20k include the cheap paintjob you got done since you own the company??

or did you write a bumper invoice out for that :party:

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
lol paint job was 1500 and the colour was patented by du pont, yea the 20 k includes the price of the respray, and bodywork which was another 1500 but i have invoices for all!!!

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
each to their own i guess
i have had 18 of them now so i decided to do one properly as i made good money at all the ones i had previously

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Nova Bibby said:
lol you need to look harder then, price everything from vauxhall, all body pannels and that, all bolts had to be bought in packs of 20 or 30, so that bumped up the price, plus ring street racer and ask how much i have spent with him on it, and i will garuntee you will be surely surprised how and why it has all added up!!!
20195:scream:
throw a few figures beside the initial list you posted,
why get a lhd that needed to be converted, sure you seem to have gutted it so could have done that to a crappy rhd.

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
why cause you can not get new rhd shell's anywhere!!!
where as the lhd shell fair enough may of been a 1993 car, but it had never been driven, just sat in a rally prep shed all it's life as one of 4 spare shell's the guy had for his car

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
lol i wish it was an investment, but like most cars i even think it's a waste of money, but like i say i wanted to do it right this time so i guess i have to spend the money to do so!!!
at the end of the day i will have something i can turn round and say i done that!

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
does look like a mint nova, but after 20k, it is still only a nova and looks like everyother nova to me, if it were stolen in the morning you'd paobably get about 500 back. But its your choice, so fair play

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
actually if it was stolen i would get back exactly what i have spent, he joys of having traders insurance, covers cars for every part during the process of restoration while it is being done!!!!

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
KeithRobinson said:
And the chrome Neon Washer Jets.

Keith

lol they are not neon washer jets, they are lathe turned alloy widespray washer jets, home made by myself, another we touch i done myself,

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
no, armo has one of the konig's in his shop, the other one is to come back from england, then there is the simple matter of splashing out to pay for it

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Fair play for the time money and effort but seems a bit extortionate to spash out on a Nova. 5K could have made you a decent XE rocket.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.