The Retro/Classic car showcase thread...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Autolifers-Dimma-design-306-1920x1280.jpg

My '96 306

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Some impressive cars in this thread so far, I've been toying with the idea of getting an old mini or beetle to tinker at. I want something simple and easy to work on as I'd be teaching myself as I go along.

Should of said if anyone knows of any cheap projects let me know.

Paul.

RMS Regular
This thread is utterly bonkers. There are some seriously impressive motors secreted away around NI. I'm throwing out 'Likes' on posts like Christmas has come early.

@amg306: You don't own a white Manta on an E reg, do you? I saw one last night and you've probably got a sizable percentage of the Mantas in NI. I did some serious gawping when it went past.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Always thought a 306 with the engine turned round through 90 deg and running the rear wheels through a proper IRS setup would be awesome. Although the maxi's were so damn fast that it'd hardly be worth the bother but that shape + more sideways = perfect. :laughing:
Loved Delecour and Panizzi in the 306 Maxi's in the mid to late 90's WRC..:cool:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@paul, not guilty there I'm afraid, all our mantas are on NI plates. What part of the world was it in?

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Is that a Carlos Sainz ST185? @mrloaf

Unfortunately not, just an import GT4, was actually just about to buy a grey Sainz when that black one came up for sale, the black one drove twice as better for half the price so was hard to look past it :grinning:

RCT

RMS Regular
Unfortunately not, just an import GT4, was actually just about to buy a grey Sainz when that black one came up for sale, the black one drove twice as better for half the price so was hard to look past it :grinning:

I'm nearly sure the imports are a bit quicker are they not? I also had an 'RC' GT4 [same as a uk Sainz but jap import] and it felt like a better going thing to me, before it was chopped up for parts.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Got a few 155's.. :oops:
Bought the first one in '98 and I've had it ever since being off the road since 2004 with a slooooow resto due to me working away all the time. It's a 2.0 8V and as far as I can understand from the owners club it's the oldest surviving (sort of) 155 in the UK. Not that it really matters because I like it cos of what I did with it..

This was it at the Nurburgring when I was working in Berlin in 2001/2002. I used to drive back from Berlin home for every big holiday which was nearly 1200 miles each way..
It had some rust in the rear arches so I got good second hand rear quarters and repaired the inners..

The others are a black V6, the Q4 which are also off the road awaiting work. And I use a 2.0 16V as a daily driver in england..
The Q4 is effectively a delta integrale in a different shell... ;)

I also have a 1974 1.3 Marina Coupe that was my first car with my brother. We re-shelled it in the mid to late 80's and I'm gradually gathering the bits I need to finally build it into the car I wanted it to be when we first had it..

Good to see the whole Alfa fleet Fergus. Can't beat a 155 on black alloys.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Oh what the hell here's one of my former machines. It's a 1988 Marlin Roadster. Based on a 1973 Morris Marina but with a 1.6 Cortina pinto engine and four speed box. Went like stink, handled like a pig, leaked like a sieve and sounded like a 30s competition car. Was great fun while it lasted. Sold it when I needed a new central heating system. Such is life. Also shown is my first Mercedes 190. Nowadays seen as a proper classic.
image.jpg
image.jpg

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
I'm nearly sure the imports are a bit quicker are they not? I also had an 'RC' GT4 [same as a uk Sainz but jap import] and it felt like a better going thing to me, before it was chopped up for parts.

I think they had a higher output rating due to the better fuel they had, probably not a fair comparison what i mentioned above - the UK Sainz was standard and the black import had breathing mods and few more psi of boost, made a fair bit of difference!

Glen

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa GTV 2.0 TS
Well here are a few of the cars that I have owned. I now have the Suzuki Ignis Sport vvti and the Saab 9-5 2.0t Vectar estate. I'm selling the Saab as spares or repair as the headgasket needs doing. The Saab garage has retorqued the head and added an additive to the coolant....and she has not lost any coolant since...but it will obviously need doing. She has FSH and last owner had her for 6 years. £495
DSCF2232.JPG
DSCF2551.JPG
fronthigh.jpg
beautiful.jpg
SSA51042.JPG
SSA51215.JPG
SSA51207.JPG
SSA50724.JPG
DSCF9726.JPG
P3030126.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.