The Supercars In Northern Ireland!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It’s came from Wexford, so a long drive unprotected on the trailer like that. Shocking
I followed it up the motorway and couldn’t believe it tbh.the stone chips from the van alone would make you cry that it’s bound to of got .he wasn’t hanging about either at times .it really was such as stunning colour in the daylight .its definitely purple and not blue that’s for sure

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I followed it up the motorway and couldn’t believe it tbh.the stone chips from the van alone would make you cry that it’s bound to of got .he wasn’t hanging about either at times .it really was such as stunning colour in the daylight .its definitely purple and not blue that’s for sure
I don't see what the fuss is about, other than the lack of four straps... rally cars worth a lot more than that thing get dragged about the country in a similar fashion every weekend...

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I don't see what the fuss is about, other than the lack of four straps... rally cars worth a lot more than that thing get dragged about the country in a similar fashion every weekend...

In fairness rally cars are designed for purpose and its fully expected they’re going to be peppered with stone chips and scratches after one rough stage, and that’s a best case scenario

mcma1

RMS Regular
Drives
A Bull
Depending on distance but some of the routes tend to need a stop over, so the car is better secured inside a shuttle if you ask me and plenty on here use them plus cars like that tends to move about discreetly. Plus the paint on the new McLarens is just mental, that is probably some mad 10 stage spray it with paint made from moon dust job, so again I would pay the extra for covered.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
A brand new WRC class car is worth in excess of what that McLaren is worth.

If I was transporting something of that value (road car, rally car or whatever) I’d want it covered in like @mcma1 had done with his 488.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
How? Would a rally car not be bought for and in excess of £200k??

I assume in that a McLaren is a supercar that you are going to treat like a baby, yet although a rally car is dearer, they are properly driven without the same care.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
People really don’t have a clue. Should at least had a cover over it, if not a closed in trailer. Certainly looks purple from that pic

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Besides that, who actually cares what way it's been transported if it's the owner doing it / they are happy with it. At least the part where the engine is is towards the front of the trailer!

And yea a cover would make some nice marks on the paint..

KevM

RMS Regular
It’ll take no hurt on the trailer. Almost less susceptible to chips on that trailer than it would be just driving along a road. I wouldn’t be too concerned if it was mine

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
How? Would a rally car not be bought for and in excess of £200k??

How? Really??

A rally car is pushed to its limits every time its driven, it doesn't matter if a rally car gets a stonechip - it doesn't matter if a rally car smashes a panel, they just throw another one on.

A McLaren with a paintjob like that isn't going to be getting staged down gravel roads sliding sideways with the driver not giving a f*ck if they smash it into a hedge. There's quite a bit of difference.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I think you'll find that rally car drivers do tend to give a **** if they smash into a hedge. Especially the new stuff has eye watering prices for panels!

As has been said the McLaren is as likely if not more so to get chips actually being driven normally on the road.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
As has been said the McLaren is as likely if not more so to get chips actually being driven normally on the road.

Yeah but that's not the point. It will get no damage at all being transported in a covered trailer.

And you know what I mean regarding the rally car/McLaren thing, it's a non-debate - you're going to care about stone chips on the paintwork of your McLaren 720s. You're not going to care about stone chips on the paintwork of your rally car. And if you do, you should stop rallying.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Yeah but that's not the point. It will get no damage at all being transported in a covered trailer.

And you know what I mean regarding the rally car/McLaren thing, it's a non-debate - you're going to care about stone chips on the paintwork of your McLaren 720s. You're not going to care about stone chips on the paintwork of your rally car. And if you do, you should stop rallying.

Haha, yea i know. At the same time it could be covered in ppf anyways. It's a car, to be used, it'll likely get stone chips as part of being used. Though it is of type to be driven in circles around central London so who knows.