RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
IMG_20200821_090724.jpg

Davytog

RMS Regular
Drives
GTD
Serious questions but where do all these feckers make the money for such expensive toys?

e320mark

RMS Regular
Serious questions but where do all these feckers make the money for such expensive toys?
My wife used to work for someone who started a company here, self made & im guessing he has around 2million possibly more in cars, some really nice stuff! He is extremely private though! Really nice guy & very down to earth!
There is money in this wee country!

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular

I know alot of guys who fly out of the airport early every single Monday morning and work away from home all week. They have nice toys through hard work and sacrifice.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Id like to think most work hard so enjoy their wages and the disposable income. Im sure there are plenty that have inherited family wealth and like to be ballers lol

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
There is a lot of successful businesses in more or less every town here. Along with relatively low costs of living and housing and employing people etc, plenty of money about this we rock.

Finbarr

RMS Member
Drives
Audi S3

I just made an account to reply to this as i was lurking since my family member's car has been featured on this thread (cant really say which though😉)

He runs a 3rd party delivery company delivering & collecting appliances/white goods. He always leases at approx £2000 a month and never pays the final lump so hes just paying £20k every year to drive a Ferrari. You might be surprised to hear most of his car mates who are all business owners are doing the same thing...Don't think there are many going down to Charles Hurst and paying full price off the lot.

earlofdrift

RMS Member
Drives
a car
I just made an account to reply to this as i was lurking since my family member's car has been featured on this thread (cant really say which though😉)

He runs a 3rd party delivery company delivering & collecting appliances/white goods. He always leases at approx £2000 a month and never pays the final lump so hes just paying £20k every year to drive a Ferrari. You might be surprised to hear most of his car mates who are all business owners are doing the same thing...Don't think there are many going down to Charles Hurst and paying full price off the lot.

Majority are indeed leased, it's not great having a depreciating £200k asset, no to mention supercars are notoriously difficult to sell in Northern Ireland leasing make sense from a financial point of view, seven years free servicing on a new Ferrari too. Then say your income dips or investments and business goes sideways, you can thrown in the supercar and pay the damage without struggling to offload a supercar at a 40k loss.

If you're a nosey b a quick look at some of those supercar owners company accounts would tell you they are leased. One owner who I know accounts show less than £20k profit in the last financial year but from their lifestyle you wouldn't know it.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
One owner who I know accounts show less than £20k profit in the last financial year but from their lifestyle you wouldn't know it.

Indeed, a lot of them don't have a pot to piss in! It's the same locally, lots of 'business' men in wagons that you know they just can't afford.