those signs that show your speed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

vza

can you get a ticket from one?was slightly too fast on the northway in that new 40 zone a coupla nights ago

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
they dont show ur proper speed anyway - or maybe my speedo is wrong

the one that sits on the dual carriage way just outside mossley read 37 when im doin 40

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
There's one on the bangor carriageway on the left hander just before the garden centre. You can't get points from it, its just an informational thing. However the van that was parked round the corner from it this morning might have other ideas :confounded:hock:

Andy

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
should try do a top speed run past one! get someone with a camera to stand beside it then someone with a fairly quick car rake past it n if u can out run it lol

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Boydie said:
the one that sits on the dual carriage way just outside mossley read 37 when im doin 40

I'd put money on it being right and your speedo being out as with nearly everyone elses.

You can't get points from those ones but there is another trailer type camera equiped piece of crap that does the rounds of the country and is orange i think and usually chained up ;)

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
Keep an eye out for the real thing appearing soon thou, in Laurelvale and Tandragee these signs were sitting and the next couple of days the fookers where hiding in the hedge with their GHD hair straightners!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
kerzo said:
that one on the northway never works for me :cry:

lol, it worked for the first time this morning for me. "48", thanks for telling me, i do have a speedo however :?:

vza

OP
vza
65 i got told when i spotted the ******* at 1am,scared the **** outta me,i can see a queue of cars on the northway tonight doing speed runs,lol

Rus872k3

Drives
Pug 406 Hdi
Boydie said:
they dont show ur proper speed anyway - or maybe my speedo is wrong

Your speedo is fine

they dont tell your right speed i was on the back off my uncles motorbike (cbr 900) and he was doing an easy 120mph and it said on the cam 67mph. the cam we seen was on the stright round going to sandyknowes.

mr_ice_uk

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR TDI
Well, considering they're only designed to show 2 digits, I'd be suprised if it could display "120".

These things should be accurate. Most cars have their speedo calibrated so that it reads 1 or 2 MPH over the actual speed you're doing, hence why some people don't think they're accurate.

Arouser

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
69 at the one at hustons corner goin up to wards corrs off the roundabout in a wee red civic

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.