Todays adventure (with pics)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Decided this morning it was stunning so I geared up and headed off with nowhere to be!
Decided to do a lap of the ards peninsula as I have never really been up that way much and it was a good chance to explore.
Headed up to Knocknagoney and over Craigantlett into Ards. First stop was in Kircubbin to admire the view of Strangford.
IMG-20150613-WA0001.jpeg

Then next on to Portaferry, was stunning and super warm so I stopped for a while and relaxed, watched the ferry do a round trip...

IMG-20150613-WA0006.jpeg
IMG-20150613-WA0008.jpeg

IMG_20150613_131104535_HDR.jpg

Got a cuppa while I sat about of course
IMG_20150613_132901344.jpg

Then headed on out to Donaghadee up the other side of the isle, through Ballyhalbert etc.
Once through Ddee I went back down through Bangor for a spin then back out home to Carrick.
Once home I of course had to get out in the sun and enjoy a spot of cleaning!
IMG_20150613_163113212.jpg

If anyone hasn't done the ride around the peninsula I would recommend it. It won't be a fast trip, some of the roads are a bit sketchy or twisty etc, but for a good few hours exploring some new roads in good weather it can't be beaten, did a little over 100 miles in around 4 hours (riding and stopping a few times) and was a very pleasant trip!
apmap.jpg

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Nice run, much prefer it to the causeway coastal route myself! Bad memories of stopping in Portaferry for a leg stretch as an oul doll reversed into my 4 week old triumph and knocked it over. :sob:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.