Top gear

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
A friend of mine was asking about my solar panels at the weekend and then asking if I would be getting an EV to make use of them. I then sat and worked out how long it would take to charge saw a 22kw car on the panels alone and we worked out based on an average of 1kw coming from the panels in excess (depends on the sunshine but we can sometimes get as much as 2500-2800w), it would take 22 hours or 2 days to charge and 22kw doesn't take you far in an EV. It's great to have free "fuel" but the reality is another story.

Hydrogen production from solar via electrolysis wouldn't be as efficient as direct electricity either, at least until someone cracks a better way to generate green hydrogen, it's the best we have at the moment.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Absolutely brilliant episode tonight. Properly enjoyed that one. Some epic, good old Top Gear style filming with epic views and scenery.

Watching them drive around France in those little cars, messing about...all I could think of is that they're actually getting paid for this 😂 same for the supercar bit to be fair!

That Ferrari is blasphemy. The reason you buy one is for the V8! .. Even if I still had the Pagani money, I'd still have the GT4RS. What a car and it properly screams!😍 love it.

Good show👍🏻

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Wasn't a bad episode but I would like if they actually showed you around the cars a bit more individually. I enjoy watching Harris, but the other two can be a bit much sometimes.

I can't put my finger on what it is but I feel like something is missing from this latest series.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Absolutely brilliant episode tonight. Properly enjoyed that one. Some epic, good old Top Gear style filming with epic views and scenery.

Watching them drive around France in those little cars, messing about...all I could think of is that they're actually getting paid for this 😂 same for the supercar bit to be fair!

That Ferrari is blasphemy. The reason you buy one is for the V8! .. Even if I still had the Pagani money, I'd still have the GT4RS. What a car and it properly screams!😍 love it.

Good show👍🏻
Thought exactly the same cant call that a job lol paddys face on the autobahn and track terrified 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'd have the Pagani every day of the week (ideally a yellow Zonda though) 😎 If you have that much to spend on a toy then you already have a dozen Porsches and Ferraris and whatnot for shopping and the nanny.

If I couldn't afford a Pagani then I'd have a Lotus or an Evo 😇

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Looking forward to Harris ringing the merc. Epic lap on the ring this week for the new record and still a lot of potential for a quicker lap too. Experts reckon 15-20 seconds left out there

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Surprised they got a full lap out of it. Harris and every other journalist had a nightmare with it on the press day.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Didn't know they've already done a lap. It had better be a good car, it's like half a decade late by now. Like the Aston thing, running a real risk of being irrelevant before it's even left the factory.

I really really really hope not though and that it will be something special.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Didn't know they've already done a lap. It had better be a good car, it's like half a decade late by now. Like the Aston thing, running a real risk of being irrelevant before it's even left the factory.

I really really really hope not though and that it will be something special.
It's had a load of shortcuts, budget cuts etc. There is a video with Nico Rosberg and Matti Rimac discussing Nico's car. They both are quite negative about it.

Think it was in this one as they talk about Aston Martin also. Worth a listen just to hear what Matti thinks.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Imagine spending £2.5m on that Mercedes?!

Poor enough episode for me.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I loved this episode, thought it was great.

I don't care if that Merc is a bit xxxx, or still doesn't work properly. That's the only modern "hypercar" I actually want. And I really want one 😁

Well, that and a Zonda 😎 😇 All the rest? Not bothered.

Stock car racing is brilliant, I need to get myself to a proper one for a look. Ok, maybe strung out a bit too long but looks like great fun to watch. There was another series about the two main dynasties at the top and their rivalries over the last few decades and generations, lol.

I literally could not believe what that RR did 😁

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Imagine spending £2.5m on that Mercedes?!

Poor enough episode for me.
I'd rather not..............it reminds me of my experience of buying a new Integra R from Pentland Honda in 1998, slight price difference but still somewhat horrible. Many are thinking who are Pentland Honda..........exactly! I considered fire bombing the place but bankruptcy robbed that from me.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I loved this episode, thought it was great.

I don't care if that Merc is a bit xxxx, or still doesn't work properly. That's the only modern "hypercar" I actually want. And I really want one 😁

Well, that and a Zonda 😎 😇 All the rest? Not bothered.

Stock car racing is brilliant, I need to get myself to a proper one for a look. Ok, maybe strung out a bit too long but looks like great fun to watch. There was another series about the two main dynasties at the top and their rivalries over the last few decades and generations, lol.

I literally could not believe what that RR did 😁
Agreed on all points!

The Merc looked and sounded epic, though I wasn’t keen on the “iPad” style speedo. Just seemed to lack finesse for me. But, what a car! I’m sure it won’t take long to iron out the faults. If they could do something with the cost of the engine rebuild though! Lol.

I too enjoyed the stock cars, man that looks brutal!

Again the RR surprised me with its capabilities! Hell of a price though!

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
The RR was always going to eat it’s way through that course. It was just a formality.

Didn’t need to spend 30 minutes watching Freddie attempt to drift.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I didn't mind the RR part. It seems like a phenomenal machine but it has a serious price tag.

If I'm honest I was bored during the Merc part. The stock car stuff didn't interest me and I found it dragging on a bit.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Enjoyed that again. Used to go every week to watch the stock cars at Nutts corner back when I had time. Don’t think they had V8’s in them though!

Guy a few doors down got one of those Range Rovers. If he told me it was £50k new I’d have believed him without question. Up to £200k? Madness.