Track & Race Days @ Aghadowey

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Daz_PD

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda Octavia 2.
Forest said:
C2 Lad said:
cant make the Jan one, but im gonna try and get there for the Feb one, anyone mind lending me a helmet?

What to fit your head?
there would definately be enough breathing space in yours anyway :p

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
Very long straight at Aghadowey, more than long enough. The drag race will be a knockout comp, minimum 2 runs (first one's a practice run) meaning the faster u r the more runs u get.

Not bad for a tenner. Remember, NO SCRAPPERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN ANY PART OF THE PROGRAM!

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Might give the drag strip a go. It'll be the last chance I get with the 1.8 in the Metro before I put the 1.4 back into it for the hillclimbs. Hope its dry!

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
metro 1800,

When u have your 1.4 back in, your car would be very competitive in our Sports Hatch racing class. It is virtually identical to the Stock Hatch category in Rallycross and circuit racing.

Needs a cage and the usual safety measures too like

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Would like to do that, but I already compete in hillclimbs and sprints. I'm building a new car (from my current road car) because I had a bit of an "off" last season in the old car (car is too twisted to fix). Have to change the road car engine back from the current MGF engine (1.8 16v) to the 1.4 16v because its an up to 1700cc class I run in. Can't find a 1.6 k-series anywhere or i'd put one in.

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
Can u not use the single cam 1.6 16v from the Rover 216? The GTi is good for bout 128 Bhp as standard (maybe i am wrong and this is a twin cam) but even the ordinary GSi 4 door has 115.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
The Honda engine won't fit, but any k-series will fit(hence the 1.8 in it at the minute). Also my class rules state it has to have the original type block.

Daz_PD

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda Octavia 2.
well, what happened? heard it went tits up towards the end?

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Yep, twas going well till 2 blokes on quads started messing, then a few in cars started the same. Gimps the lot of them.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I left just before the end and heard a few people were thrown off the drag strip and then there was some messing about/diffing etc.

Photos and report to follow soon - great day's craic.

Andy

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
The 2 guys on the quads were racing about where cars were parked and then up and down the roads. Then others were wrecking about in cars where there were people walking about and cars parked. Why do people like that go to shows etc and act like tw@ts? In the end the rest of the drag strip runs were cancelled. Drag strip was mighty craic too!

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
Many thanks to all you guys who made the day such a great success. The owners of the track were very happy how we ran the event (Im sure as organisers we can do alot better) and all dates previously advertised are DEFINITE. More dates will follow as soon as the owners sort out the second half of the year's bookings.

As for the 2or3 individuals mentioned above; everyone that takes part in these events has to show their licence to verify their name, address, etc.. You will not see them at another of our events!

Thanks again to everyone who supported us on the day (spectators and drivers). See you all on Sat 12th Feb.

peter_261

RMS Regular
Drives
CBR600 :D
Remember, DERES ANOTHER DATE SET AS JUST A TRACK DAY AND DRAG RACIN.NO RACE PROGRAM!!!!!Track day from 12:00 till 4:00 den drag racin.more Trackday action! ne1 headin up?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.