Trackskills this Sunday 14th Sept.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ryan_v

RMS Regular
Drives
mountain bike
I planned on going to it, I went to the last one in my s2000 for the first time. I fully serviced it, put slicks on, front ebc yellow stuff pads and bled the brakes and had no issues at all.

Is there anything else people would recommend? I want to get tution this time.

V8

RMS Regular
Cars coming to this one so far include;
  • Various Locaterfields
  • Mazda MX5
  • Alfa Romeo GTV
  • Toyota MR2
  • Renault Clio Sports 2.0 16v
  • Saxo VTR
  • Peugeot 205
  • R32 Golf
  • Honda Civic
  • BMW
  • Honda Prelude
  • Honda Integra DC2
  • Honda S2000

RickyMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much !
Ryan have you had the s2000 round on slicks before ? Are the slicks a soft compound version ? The only reason I ask is that you could be potentially running into oil surge problems through fisherman's when you start pushing it. Sump may need baffled ,just a heads up at the very least fit an oil pressure gauge so you can see whats happening or keep a close eye on the oil light.

RickyMcG

ryan_v

RMS Regular
Drives
mountain bike
Yea last month I went round with the slicks on, there Yokohama Advans I got off tony greenan. Not 100% sure on the compound, it was also my first time using slicks.

I wasn't going that hard last time, I felt the car was more powerful than my capabilities.

Have you had a issue with it before?

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Not going to make this one unfortunately , hopefully next one or kinda interested in the Octane day on the 19th , more expensive though !

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Not making this one either, my car's a bit poorly since the last one and I've not had any time to work at it either. :worried:

spudep91

RMS Regular
Drives
glanza
Well be at this one all being well. My co pilot cocked it up last time by blitzen on the Saturday so hopefully no repercussions lol

RickyMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much !
I have never tracked an s2000 on slicks but once to start going fast enough through long corners without sliding the oil in the sump runs away from the pick up pipe (know as oil surge). All the cars I have raced needed to do one of the fallowing :-

1. Baffle the sump - for fast cornering with little sliding on slicks moderate softness

2.Fit and acusump - for very fast cornering on soft slicks no sliding.

3. Dry sump kit - more expensive vesrion of option 2

I known anyone that sprints or races at kirkistown with an s2000 has at the very least option 1 fitted.

As I say fit an oil pressure gauge at the very least and keep an eye on it through Fishermans if the pressure drops to zero call it a day and organise getting the sump baffled. No one wants a busted engine.

Ps I dont mean to scare munger just trying to help.

RickyMcG

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
As @jc996 says we hope to be there all going well, couple of mates hiring the Mazda as well so should be fun.
How about Ken/Ray, Ted/John, Jim et al, any of you guys plan on being there.

Kris McCloy

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Will be x3 DC2's making an appearance including mine, cannot wait for this one, hopefully the weather holds up.

Got coilovers to install, gear oil to change and 6 tyres to get changed over on Saturday, I'm hoping everything goes to plan, which usually doesn't with cars.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Will be x3 DC2's making an appearance including mine, cannot wait for this one, hopefully the weather holds up.

Got coilovers to install, gear oil to change and 6 tyres to get changed over on Saturday, I'm hoping everything goes to plan, which usually doesn't with cars.

6 tires to fit, is it a DC2 or an old Patrick Depailler Tyrrell ;)

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I'm going - Caterham

Hope its a better turn out than the last one I was at a couple of months ago, there where about 15 cars! It was a really nice day too.

Jim28

RMS Regular
Drives
e39,e46
Not looking great for me making this one....Should deffo be at Oct Trackday..
Might have to look in to a new job this one is killing me with Track Time...

OS Ken

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 9-5 all day
As @jc996 says we hope to be there all going well, couple of mates hiring the Mazda as well so should be fun.
How about Ken/Ray, Ted/John, Jim et al, any of you guys plan on being there.
Too much on at the moment and the car needs new yellow stuff all round and a bit of maintenance work to keep it good for the next outing.
The weather is looking good for ya, dont be shy with the videos and photos lads :grinning:

V8

RMS Regular
Cars coming to the next track day, as of 13th September 2014.

Various Locaterfields (i.e. Caterham, Westfield, Reis Aero, Mk Indy and such like)
Mazda MX5
Alfa Romeo GTV
Toyota MR2
Renault Clio Sports 2.0 16v
Saxo VTR
Peugeot 205
R32 Golf
Honda Civic
BMW
Honda Prelude
Honda Integra DC2
Honda S2000
Ford Puma
B7 Audi RS4
Peugeot 205 GTi

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Was down at this for an 1/2 an hour, the red Caterham had some shunt! Was standing at the hairpin as it happened, don't know what happened but it looked like the guy driving just misjudged his braking.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I have never tracked an s2000 on slicks but once to start going fast enough through long corners without sliding the oil in the sump runs away from the pick up pipe (know as oil surge). All the cars I have raced needed to do one of the fallowing :-

1. Baffle the sump - for fast cornering with little sliding on slicks moderate softness

2.Fit and acusump - for very fast cornering on soft slicks no sliding.

3. Dry sump kit - more expensive vesrion of option 2

I known anyone that sprints or races at kirkistown with an s2000 has at the very least option 1 fitted.

As I say fit an oil pressure gauge at the very least and keep an eye on it through Fishermans if the pressure drops to zero call it a day and organise getting the sump baffled. No one wants a busted engine.

Ps I dont mean to scare munger just trying to help.

RickyMcG

This is probably good advice. I got away without putting anything on my s2000 engine in my race car for over 2 years but once I put the supercharger on I got a baffle plate welded in. My car being so hard defo wouldn't be rolling about as much as an s2000 thou. Peace of mind if nothing else :grinning:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I was taking it easy today but there where some people who definitely weren't! Well pleased with the car, got some great 3rd gear power slides coming out of the hairpin:cool: 888's are a good tyre................................that I don't have LOL! Avon CR500's will do

Roys black Megabusa Westfield is fast as is that BMW 3 series race car!

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
The MR2 gearbox started to make some uncustomary sounds on the way up :worried:, so we parked it up and headed on up as we had some mates who hired out the East Engineering Mazda.

Although very disappointed, the trip up was worth it alone for the drive in the East Coast Mazda, the car is a real credit to David and son.

Had two runs, second time out and it went nearly half a second quicker than the MR2 ever managed (handling was just incredible). (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.