• Megane R26
  • CRX Del Sol
  • Vauxhall Nova
  • Radical PR6
  • GM3
  • Nissan 350Z
  • Micra
  • Toyota MR2
Please book online at www.trackskills.com if you wish to take part.
header.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
What’s the weather doing at this if anyone is up? Considering a run up for a few hours to watch but it’s an hours trek for nothing if it’s a washout

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Is anyone interested in a swift sport. A fella in work is thinking about selling his it needs a bit of tidying.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
I really wanted to come down and chat to the mini folks today. Joys of night shift. Wouldn't have been suitable to drive down tbh.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Need to be a certain height @Boydie I think if they can sit with the seat belt across their shoulder then they’re good to go. Donal will confirm I’m sure.

I’m going to hold off another few years then I’ll have one of the lads out each time I’m away

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Need to be a certain height @Boydie I think if they can sit with the seat belt across their shoulder then they’re good to go. Donal will confirm I’m sure.

I’m going to hold off another few years then I’ll have one of the lads out each time I’m away

He is 5 in a couple weeks but unsure what height he is tbh - in my car he is in a harnessed seat (Recaro) but in hers, he uses the OEM seatbelts

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
He is 5 in a couple weeks but unsure what height he is tbh - in my car he is in a harnessed seat (Recaro) but in hers, he uses the OEM seatbelts

Aye my two have just turned 5. Few years to go yet I’d say.

My nieces have been busting my chops for a run as well so will need to get them out they’re teenagers though.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Fastest lap from yesterday, with a bit of excitement at the end!
Any pointers gladly received.

I tend to turn in a little later at Colonial and Fishermans to in the hope of a speedier exit, actually been tempted to get a Garmin Catalyst for it's lap analysis and coaching.

I've quite a few vids on YouTube of laps, here's one from November, you can compare:

thefool1983

RMS Regular
I tend to turn in a little later at Colonial and Fishermans to in the hope of a speedier exit, actually been tempted to get a Garmin Catalyst for it's lap analysis and coaching.

I've quite a few vids on YouTube of laps, here's one from November, you can compare:

Cheers,
I struggle with the line for fisherman's. I deffo turning in earlier than you. 👍

All part of the fun!

AC

RMS Regular
@thefool1983 the 350 was running very very well and you were certainly quick!
I was down in the Inferno Clio with my Dad and had great fun on Sunday. First time out this year since building it up over the last 6-8 months so was doing a bit of a shakedown and making sure everything was bedded in. There were some very quick folks down, the guys in the Mini's were certainly having a good go and those Global Lights were lightening.

I also find Fishermans very tricky to get the right line, especially when pushing the tyres to their limit and they get a little too hot.

I was running around 1.12's (taking with a pinch of salt using HotLap and GPS on the phone) last year in my old Clio before it's untimely demise - probably in the 1.20's this year :laughing: - great fun trying different lines to find out what's best for the car and my Dad was having an absolute blast which was great to see. Looking forward to the better weather coming out and getting another rattle out. Another fantastic day run by Donal and the team.

1678786833894.png

AC

RMS Regular
Whats the timetable?

Even to get on track and "take it easy" to get a feel for it this year would be great I think

There is always a beginner group in the morning which is great to get a feel for the car and track without worrying about some of the very quick ones giving you a fright! I found it the most fun when first taking the Clio down last year as it isn't busy usually. There's normally 2x beginner sessions before lunch.
Also - staying on to later in the afternoon is also great as the track tends to get a little quieter around 4pm.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
There is always a beginner group in the morning which is great to get a feel for the car and track without worrying about some of the very quick ones giving you a fright! I found it the most fun when first taking the Clio down last year as it isn't busy usually. There's normally 2x beginner sessions before lunch.
Also - staying on to later in the afternoon is also great as the track tends to get a little quieter around 4pm.

What's the cost? With there being a series in the drag racing this year (5 events), its going to be costly but then again, the last number of events I have done my times have been consistent so can't improve dramatically