Trackskills Track Day This Sunday 14th August 2022

V8

RMS Regular

Hi Folks,​

Cars coming to our next Trackskills track day on Sunday 14th August 2022 include​

• Various MX5s
• VW Corrado
• Peugeot 205 GTi
• VW Golf
• VW Golf R
• Various Renault Meganes
• Citroen C2 Code
• Honda Civic
• Various Caterhams
• Honda S2000
• Porsche Boxter S
• Hyundai i30n
• GM3
• Vauxhall Nova
• Nissan 350Z
• Various BMWs
• Various Clios

The weather should be good!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Great day out, absolutely shattered! Nice meeting some RMSers, @300trophy and @AC hope the Clio is ok 😬, always great chatting with you @Zach57

Highlight of the day trying to keep up with the blue civic, thing was an absolute animal 😎

Nice to meet you @G24NTR!

Great to get out in the Megane yesterday. Great day and hopefully squeeze another in before the end of the year.

It’s been 6 years since I’ve been out on track and first time at Trackskills. Relaxed atmosphere in the pits & very well ran all day.

039ED8CC-AA8F-48B8-BF5F-543FF3CB01F9.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Struggled with over heating brakes all day bar the 1st session so limited to short sessions, think its time for new fluid, lines, disc and pads on the front.

The new accelera’s took on a lot of pressure so were way too hard the 1st session but was happy with them the rest of the day.

Rears have taken on quite alot of what looks like marbling(?), anyone know is this normal enough?
01164A4C-8139-4B39-85AD-15B8C4FCFB6F.jpeg

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
We had a great day in the mnr.(black thing) . Well done donal great organisation as usual. We were shorts and t shirts in an open car still too hot. Blue civic pretty awesome fair play.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Struggled with over heating brakes all day bar the 1st session so limited to short sessions, think its time for new fluid, lines, disc and pads on the front.

The new accelera’s took on a lot of pressure so were way too hard the 1st session but was happy with them the rest of the day.

Rears have taken on quite alot of what looks like marbling(?), anyone know is this normal enough?
View attachment 371790

What pressures are you running?

Mine's not as bad as that in the centre, more so on shoulder blocks!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
What pressures are you running?

Mine's not as bad as that in the centre, more so on shoulder blocks!
After the 1st session they were away up to 37, so dropped them down to 32, tbf could probs have gone lower but kind of forgot about them when the breaks stopped working properly lol I'd guess a bit of ordinary driving would scrub the marks off and give a nice smooth surface again.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
After the 1st session they were away up to 37, so dropped them down to 32, tbf could probs have gone lower but kind of forgot about them when the breaks stopped working properly lol I'd guess a bit of ordinary driving would scrub the marks off and give a nice smooth surface again.

I run them at 32 hot and seem to work best at that from experimentation, at higher pressures can get a little unpredictable. Given your car is much lighter could get away with running them at lower PSI.

I drive home on them so never had much issue with excessive marbling when I take them off 😅

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Good days fun yesterday on track and always good to get chatting to a few Petrol heads

I was testing the blue Honda that started as a bare shell at the end of last year and managed to come away with very little to sort. It needs a bit of fine tuning to get to the pace of the Integra that I sold in 2019 but zero complaints with the outcome

I was still jealous of the guys landing down in comfort with just a helmet and some fuel and still being on really good pace in full road trim! The standard of cars and driving has definitely improved over the past few years

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Pressure hot should be the recommended pressure for the car. Whatever that is. So I normally come in after first session and adjust them and don’t touch them again. My tyres can look a bit like that at times too.

You’ll have fun with the flexi brake hose going to the rear axle. I know I did 😂

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I would love to do this in my car but just too scared since its my only car which I need for work :joy:

I haven’t done one since 2016 and too scared to take the RS, but I reckon you definitely should. I did a couple in my ST and it was my only car at the time. I insured it for the track, got spare wheels, drove it there and drove them home again after. You’ll be grand as long as you don’t push beyond your limits.

Trackskills run a great setup, you previously got (maybe still do post covid) a few sighting laps in one of their cars before your first run, to show you lines etc and then its all down to you using some common sense and mechanical sympathy. I dont think, apart from brakes, it would be any worse than the straightliner events.

I really want to get back to them, and have been trying to source a 172/182, but other priorities and the price hike in those cars, has reset the search a few times

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Pressure hot should be the recommended pressure for the car. Whatever that is. So I normally come in after first session and adjust them and don’t touch them again. My tyres can look a bit like that at times too.

You’ll have fun with the flexi brake hose going to the rear axle. I know I did 😂
Couldn’t find any recommended pressures but will just experiment.

On the brakes I’ll probs end up leaving it to the day before and end up with just new pads 😂

I would love to do this in my car but just too scared since its my only car which I need for work :joy:
Its not cheap but you really can just take it as easy as you like, especially with something so powerful. Having said that someone could pass you and you end up in the tyres trying to keep up just as handy 😂😂

Zach57

RMS Regular
The first two track days I did were in my 208 GTI which was my only car at the time and the first session was certainly nerve racking but you soon get settled in.
I always tell myself that I’ve a 2 hour drive home to remind myself not to go past my limits 😂

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I would love to do a track day too but I don’t think a tdi passat would be much of a track car 🤣

Was a 5 door TDCi focus going round mondello a couple of weeks ago. Was out with ones in a 9-3 Diesel one year as well.

I’ve taken the daily round before. Just be aware of how the car is holding up and it’ll be fine.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
What is the cost for the day then?

I have the track tyres and spare wheels, plenty of beef on my brakes

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
What is the cost for the day then?

I have the track tyres and spare wheels, plenty of beef on my brakes
£140 for the day, could do what I did and pick a decent to drive 1k car and take it out and then if its not for you you can flog it on for enough to cover the cost of the car and the track day and if you enjoy it just make it your track car.