Traded One Connect For Another

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
View the van's specs here.. we have the 2.0L I4

Ireland E85 Stations:

We are in northern ireland different country on the same island we don't have e85 here. And some of the stations listed in that link you posted I've been to previously and they don't have e85 so that site is inaccurate

LostnTransit

RMS Regular
OP
LostnTransit
It's up to us as consumers to report issues or errors with websites and sometimes one might have to drive farther than one would like to locate stations or services we need. So its a good idea to take a spare gas can along for the drive or one might just have to get a little creative to solve a fuel shortage or price hikes:

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
It's up to us as consumers to report issues or errors with websites and sometimes one might have to drive farther than one would like to locate stations or services we need. So its a good idea to take a spare gas can along for the drive or one might just have to get a little creative to solve a fuel shortage or price hikes:

A little farther and a "gas can" to locate a station??? Yeah just let me book a boat to France here to get some e85😂😂😂

Last edited:

LostnTransit

RMS Regular
OP
LostnTransit
According to treal512 on another TC forum, this member posted a picture of a set of Ford Focus seats in the Transit Connect. Yet when I submitted a question as to how difficult this was and I needed more details about this installation. I never got a reply.

280618411_10225947260337094_8883548642813975744_n.jpg

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang

Is moonshiners still going? I gave up after Tim went legit and Popcorn snuffed it!

LostnTransit

RMS Regular
OP
LostnTransit
Spent nearly all day yesterday searching for information about swapping the Focus Seats with the transit seats. I did locate a video where a young Focus owner swapped his fabric seats with a Focus Leather seats, but ran into issue with the passenger side sensor. watched as he struggled taking off the leather covers and installing them on the cloth seats.. this is clearly something I'm not able to handle on my own. Spoke with
the wife and we've come to the conclusion that we're going to opt to keep our current seats but fall back on doing/installing the cheap plastic skate board wheels I located in the trash a few years ago.

imageedit_9_9314373114.thumb.jpg.5e9aded31f63b7827c18e67ac29cd5f5.jpg

I'll end up cutting a few of these wheels in half and leave others full sized this is will give us a few options when using these as shims up the seat frame rail. One thing the video touched on, clarified that we will need to disconnect the battery's positive and negative terminal just to this doesn't disrupt the angle of the seat while installing the shims. Installing the plastic shims at the front seats rear floor mounts should change the angle of the seats forcing the up in the back and more forward. Like I said these Connect seats give a new meaning to the term "bucket seats". So if we can get a nice day, we'll head over to a friend shop and see if we can get this done and the sooner the better.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Spent nearly all day yesterday searching for information about swapping the Focus Seats with the transit seats. I did locate a video where a young Focus owner swapped his fabric seats with a Focus Leather seats, but ran into issue with the passenger side sensor. watched as he struggled taking off the leather covers and installing them on the cloth seats.. this is clearly something I'm not able to handle on my own. Spoke with
the wife and we've come to the conclusion that we're going to opt to keep our current seats but fall back on doing/installing the cheap plastic skate board wheels I located in the trash a few years ago.

imageedit_9_9314373114.thumb.jpg.5e9aded31f63b7827c18e67ac29cd5f5.jpg

I'll end up cutting a few of these wheels in half and leave others full sized this is will give us a few options when using these as shims up the seat frame rail. One thing the video touched on, clarified that we will need to disconnect the battery's positive and negative terminal just to this doesn't disrupt the angle of the seat while installing the shims. Installing the plastic shims at the front seats rear floor mounts should change the angle of the seats forcing the up in the back and more forward. Like I said these Connect seats give a new meaning to the term "bucket seats". So if we can get a nice day, we'll head over to a friend shop and see if we can get this done and the sooner the better.

1/2 leather in my sport, I’m sure focus seats will fit though
C94B8A9E-4DC3-45F9-9BDF-58C0C6792780.jpeg

LostnTransit

RMS Regular
OP
LostnTransit
At nearly $2,000 USD for a set of new even slightly used Focus seats in the van, We'd rather opt for the plastic skate board wheel shims at less than $30.00 (hardware included) sounds like a better plan and the 2K can be diverted to better installations on the van. it was an idea that never really panned out successfully.

In the above image (https://rmsmotoring.com/forum/attac...47260337094_8883548642813975744_n-jpg.369308/) I suspect that 1 of 2 things happen because the op of that thread never replied back to our questions. I suspect that he either removed just the covers and installed them on the TC's seats or installed the focus seat in the transit (with the same bolt pattern configuration) but he did not route the wiring harness.

LostnTransit

RMS Regular
OP
LostnTransit
Located an old thread from another Transit Connect forum back in 2019 and it's still going today. On this forum, most of the TC owners simply wanted to raise the entire seat up off the floor. In our case we want to tilt the seat forward. But using many of the same items these guys came up with, we should have something very close to achieving that forward angled seat.

628F009A-0940-4F15-9C39-98519ADC96DF.thumb.jpeg.ef45289cfd03c50572b4c19a436c9ca0.jpeg

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Dan the transit van man without a plan?

I really don’t know what’s going on here. First it was wheels. Then it was wheels nuts. Now it’s seats.

Still a van no matter what way you dress it up. A commercial vehicle made for doing commercial vehicle things and not sports car things.

LostnTransit

RMS Regular
OP
LostnTransit
Although many of you may or may not see the point in my thread ramblings, I'm keeping a record of my thoughts, observations and ideas. Some of these ideas and thoughts may actually happen, while others will merely fade away. Perhaps there's some information on my research that will help others whom have Transit Connect if they ever decide to make small changes to their rides. otherwise, this thread may never benefit anyone here other than myself. So if any of you have an issue with what and how I keep track of my progress.. you welcome to leave the thread at any time.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Why a transit connect in the first place? If you don't need a van surely a focus or something would be better?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.