Trailer bypass relay failed, looking for a handy replacement

111gsi

RMS Regular
I have one of the budget trailer bypass relays fitted in the Focus. It appears to have failed, with an internal short circuit.

I'd like to replace it, but without having to add additional connections to the wiring loom if possible. The output side (to trailer socket) has screw terminals, so that's easy to replace. The input side of mine, and all the replacement options I've found, is hard wired, so to install I'll either have to re-run all my wires to the car loom (annoying) or join the new relay's input wires to the existing ones (messy).

Does anyone know of a bypass relay where all the terminals are screw-in?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Not just bullet connect them or a choc block? Or even make up your own waterproof connectors, they are cheap enough on ebay.
I know its untidy but is it ever going to be seen?

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
The likes of a PCT Logicon not suit? Have you a picture of the bypass relay that's fitted?

111gsi

RMS Regular
OP
111gsi
The likes of a PCT Logicon not suit? Have you a picture of the bypass relay that's fitted?
It's a TEB7AS, fairly standard type lots of people seem to supply. PCT Logicon would suit as well, but still needs me to re-connect the "input" side. I'm just going to have to get the soldering iron and/or crimping tool out and make the new joints. A replacement relay with screw terminals on both input and output sides would have been ideal, but they don't seem to be available. Thinking about it, the hard wired type is far handier for new installations and probably more reliable. Presumably a worthwhile trade-off for manufacturers, rather than catering for what must be a small minority of people whose relays fail and want to replace them with minimal hassle!