TT Travel insurance

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Who is everyone using for travel insurance for the Isle of Man this year? I got a quote from the AA and it was only £15, but I don’t mind paying more for a more comprehensive cover?

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
We got ours with holidaysafe.co.uk. £15-£17 each in our group. You dont have to add any extra cover for the bike do you?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
That's about the same, I think mine worked out £13 with the AA, just worried about small print, but I'll take the change before I read through it all. I phoned the insurance and just said I would be at the IOM and they said it wasn't an issue.

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
You do realise your covered for medical in the IOM as its part of the UK? The only thing your not covered for is if you need an air ambulance to the mainland

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
You do realise your covered for medical in the IOM as its part of the UK? The only thing your not covered for is if you need an air ambulance to the mainland

They don't have to stand by that agreement, but usually they will. And for the sake of £15 I'd rather have the peace of mind. Someone posted the full terms of the agreement onto one of the TT Facebook groups. Also on some part of my booking documents it says in block letters "TRAVEL INSURANCE IS NECESSARY" or something to that effect

john-c

RMS Regular
Seeing as the entire course except for the mountain section (which is closed 99% of the time) is now speed restricted (mostly 50mph) you'll not be needing a shovel 😀

Ian did I see you heading to the Dublin boat on Sunday morning?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Seeing as the entire course except for the mountain section (which is closed 99% of the time) is now speed restricted (mostly 50mph) you'll not be needing a shovel 😀

You'll be needing savlon if caught 😂 😂 Someone got fined £1500 for crossing the road today

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3

Yes John you did, good to meet you today in Peel. Hope you have a great TT.