TVR Track Day

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

minibutmighty

RMS Regular
I'm looking to buy a crash helmet as i'm planning to attend the tvr track day, wheres the best/cheapest place to look for one in northern ireland.

Needs to be full face as I've planned to go to a race school next summer which runs a single seater. Would a bike shop be my best bet?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
yeah would be about £80 will get you a decent cheap one i would like to think

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
minibutmighty said:
I'm looking to buy a crash helmet as i'm planning to attend the tvr track day, wheres the best/cheapest place to look for one in northern ireland.

Needs to be full face as I've planned to go to a race school next summer which runs a single seater. Would a bike shop be my best bet?
Best to buy a fairly decent one if your gonna get a bit of use out of it. Couple of hundred pound for a reasonable one. Try ebay, demon-tweeks motorbike catalogue (nice helmets but dear!) or Hein Gerickie on the boucher road.

alan273

Should be there, marshling again, prob on hairpin as usual

TVR track days are always a great day, as Graham says lots of very nice cars out on track.

minibutmighty

RMS Regular
Dad was talking to TVR Club secretary yesterday and he's managed to get us two spaces. Spoke to insurance company today and they wont cover us for track days! Any ideas how to get cheap cover for the day??? Especially anybody aged 21?

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Seriously dude, trackday cover is for people with money to throw away. You wont need it unless your completely handless behind the wheel! Any track accidents ive ever seen have only caused suferficial damage aswell which im sure you wouldnt claim for.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Seconded!

Keep your wits about you and don't drive like a plonker and you'll be fine.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Ah poop, only just spotted this now. *sigh* Wasted the day sitting watching the BTCC on TV. :worried:

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Your wee Mini looks well sorted on the track going by the pics. Better than my lump of lard would be anyway. ;)

I know a few boys on the mainland who have wee old 1.4 Civics, stripped to nothing, roll cage fitted and otherwise pretty stock - they surprise a lot of people with "fast" cars.

minibutmighty

RMS Regular
ZS said:
Your wee Mini looks well sorted on the track going by the pics. Better than my lump of lard would be anyway. ;)

I know a few boys on the mainland who have wee old 1.4 Civics, stripped to nothing, roll cage fitted and otherwise pretty stock - they surprise a lot of people with "fast" cars.

Thanks, it went alot better when i remembered to turn the traction control off lol, its my everyday driver so its a bit of a heavy weight! Dad was out in the red 911.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.