Tyre Shine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

scott_306

RMS Regular
i was talking to a boy today with a golf gti, the tyre shine he had on was absolutely gleaming!

he said it was called "re tyre" or something

anyone know anything about it or where to get it?

Marc

RMS Moderator
autosmart chemicals do an amazing tyre shine, have to paint it on a dry tyre, leave for an hour or so.. but does look very very impressive

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i use meguires tyre gel (purple stuff) - amazing, lasts for ages on the car and the bottle lasts too

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
Marc said:
autosmart chemicals do an amazing tyre shine, have to paint it on a dry tyre, leave for an hour or so.. but does look very very impressive
i bought sum of there polish and blacks stuff at a car show, and thought it was the biggest pile of piss ever! :relieved: but there tyre shine mite be different ^o)

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Elite Rubberite leaves a good shine, just let it dry first!!!!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Like the look of PoorBoys Bold & Bright, going to order some this week I think.

Johnski

RMS Regular
Boydie said:
i use meguires tyre gel (purple stuff) - amazing, lasts for ages on the car and the bottle lasts too

X2...doesnt take long to dry and lasts for a good while(y)

Siilver

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Polo
i use Megs Endurance High Gloss
but i dnt really like it

i use a cheap one first and then i put on the megs

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
best ive found is halfords rubber and vinyl lubricant.

its not a dressing as such but leaves any plastics and rubber bits, tyres included dark and wet looking for ages my tyres lasted a week of rain and motorway driving!!!

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Concept Contour, where do you get that from? Just normal car shops?

Iv been using TurtleWax stuff for the tyres recently and it seems to last a right while (its a clear liquid in a squirty bottle with green top, cant remember the name) Expensive though at fiver a bottle and would do maybe a month or so.

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
meguairs myself also, but rubberite i used a few years back until i ran out, excelletn stuff, just a bugger to wait on drying :worried:

have the turtle wax stuff, used it once and relegated it to the rear of my cleaning collection under the "only if ur really desperate and theres nothing else on the face of the planet you cant use" section

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
I have tried the Poorboys Bold & Bright this week, it doesn't leave it to wet looking, more a Satin finish... But by God it doesn't come off.. I found some products flick up the arches and look S**T....

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
As said above, a tin of silicone spray. Even dashboard cleaner spray does the trick and all for a couple of quid

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
anyone else think different products give different results on different brands of tires?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
wud explain some ppl are using products and findin em amazin where when i've used em they're been useless!!

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
Smick said:
Concept Contour, where do you get that from? Just normal car shops?

Iv been using TurtleWax stuff for the tyres recently and it seems to last a right while (its a clear liquid in a squirty bottle with green top, cant remember the name) Expensive though at fiver a bottle and would do maybe a month or so.

I used to use that and then moved onto Williams F1 stuff that was £6.99 a bottle and hardly lasted when I had done my car and my dads car. Come round to mine sometime and you can have a blast on the Megs purple gel stuff, got it while back and tyres are still gleaming!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.