**** tyres - how are these things legal?

Chris0

RMS Regular
Tyrereviews website give them a decent review!
Had been reading through reviews on the website and then checked tyre reviews as I didn’t trust the ones on their website but it seems like good reviews all round for the price of them

GrantR

RMS Regular
Had been reading through reviews on the website and then checked tyre reviews as I didn’t trust the ones on their website but it seems like good reviews all round for the price of them
Deffo worth a punt at the price of them!

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
In saying that I did judge a very new Porsche suv for having a set on it 😳

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
In saying that I did judge a very new Porsche suv for having a set on it 😳

I have them on mine as does a load of others in the Cayenne OC. So far so good over the past 3 years. Though they’re not the track tyres, just the all season variants.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I have them on mine as does a load of others in the Cayenne OC. So far so good over the past 3 years. Though they’re not the track tyres, just the all season variants.
come well recommended then 👍 it was the smaller suv around Tiguan size that I’d seen

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I had accelera tyres on the z3 and replaced them with the same they worked well on in and I liked the way it drove. Not those exact accelera tyres though and I can’t remember what model they were.

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Seen a few people mention Accelera tyres in here. Anyone tried the 651 Sport or any of their performance track tyres?

Accelera 651 Sport XTRA

Was looking at Yoko AD08RS but wallet won’t stretch that far at the minute and I’m busting to get the new wheels on.

I've been running Accelera tyres on my 350 for a few years now without issue. I ordered my last set from tirestreet, used the 10% discount for signing up to their newsletter and it worked on cheaper than anything local places were offering.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Although everyone seems to be missing that specific track orientated tyre...and talking about road tyres.

I did contact that Tirestreets place a year or so ago about them. They said they could not ship to NI.

Bought PS4's instead, I've little doubt it was a far better choice.

GrantR

RMS Regular
Bit of an update as a few people had wanted to know my thoughts on the Accelera tyres. I had been using PS4S on the track lately, while decent performance after 5-6 hard laps they get rather hot/melty and become a little unpedictable, requiring a bit of a cool down lap. Two track days in and while still plenty of tread left I just had no confidence in pushing it harder on the track.

I bit the bullet, got a sew set of 18s for the track and bought 4 of the Accelera 651 Xtra in 265/35 and 285/35 for around £300 delivered from Tirestreets. After reading mostly positive reviews online I thought I would find out for myself on track today. Driving to Kirkistown today, on the road they didn't seem any harsher or noiser than PS4S, though it became slightly more apparent on country roads with poor surface, but still could live with it as a daily tyre.

On track the first session the tyres felt off, a little unpredictable, took it reasonably easy and at the end of the session the hot pressures were 40PSI, so dropped it down to 35PSI for the next session, in which it felt alot more predictable and planted. I was able to push harder compared to the PS4S and they felt consistent throughout, it's at the point now where I feel that my driving confidence and skills are the limiting factor, will have to start taking brave pills for the forthcoming days. I have no experience with any other semi slicks for comparison, but for the pricepoint and fantastic wear they were definatly worth a gamble.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Bit of an update as a few people had wanted to know my thoughts on the Accelera tyres. I had been using PS4S on the track lately, while decent performance after 5-6 hard laps they get rather hot/melty and become a little unpedictable, requiring a bit of a cool down lap. Two track days in and while still plenty of tread left I just had no confidence in pushing it harder on the track.

I bit the bullet, got a sew set of 18s for the track and bought 4 of the Accelera 651 Xtra in 265/35 and 285/35 for around £300 delivered from Tirestreets. After reading mostly positive reviews online I thought I would find out for myself on track today. Driving to Kirkistown today, on the road they didn't seem any harsher or noiser than PS4S, though it became slightly more apparent on country roads with poor surface, but still could live with it as a daily tyre.

On track the first session the tyres felt off, a little unpredictable, took it reasonably easy and at the end of the session the hot pressures were 40PSI, so dropped it down to 35PSI for the next session, in which it felt alot more predictable and planted. I was able to push harder compared to the PS4S and they felt consistent throughout, it's at the point now where I feel that my driving confidence and skills are the limiting factor, will have to start taking brave pills for the forthcoming days. I have no experience with any other semi slicks for comparison, but for the pricepoint and fantastic wear they were definatly worth a gamble.
????

All road orientated tyres will struggle with dry track use, they won't grip and won't last.

PS4S are the best road tyre you can get.

Get some track tyres like NS2R or 888r or anything but a road tyre

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
????

All road orientated tyres will struggle with dry track use, they won't grip and won't last.

PS4S are the best road tyre you can get.

Ehhhhh the accelera he's commenting about are semi slicks 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ehhhhh the accelera he's commenting about are semi slicks 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Exactly, he's trying to compare a high performance road tyre...using it on the track for multiple laps. Vs something that is more intended for multiple laps on a track.

Then claiming the track tyre is better on the track, than a road tyre on the track.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Exactly, he's trying to compare a high performance road tyre...using it on the track for multiple laps. Vs something that is more intended for multiple laps on a track.

Then claiming the track tyre is better on the track, than a road tyre on the track.

Going by the last sentence I don't think Mike understands the accelera were track tyres at all.

Ps4s have been used on multiple cars for track use so comparing them to a budget track tyre is a no brainer.

Robert Michell uses ps4s on a few cars at the ring, he also uses cup 2, direzzas and ar-1s

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Going by the last sentence I don't think Mike understands the accelera were track tyres at all.

Ps4s have been used on multiple cars for track use so comparing them to a budget track tyre is a no brainer.

Robert Michell uses ps4s on a few cars at the ring, he also uses cup 2, direzzas and ar-1s
I didn't know Accelera made track tyres.........they make terrible road tyres so I wouldn't expect much from anything they make