vauxhall help lads

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Karlos S14a

RMS Regular
ok, ill tell uz the story, ive got a 1.2 corsa, 1994 and its the one with the nova engine....
iam thinking about putting in a bigger engine that wud look the same as my 1.2.(if possible, for insurance reasons) i was thinking of the 1.4 nova engine as the rocker cover gaskets are the same for 1.4 and 1.2.. so maybe they are similar... can this be done easily...

if i cannot get an engine in (coz of insurace) well what effective mods can i do to the engine to get better power

oh btw its also a 4 speed :cry:

cheers
karl

Bronk

RMS Regular
my m8 put a 1.6 8v engine out of a stra in 2 his corsa, it use 2 a b a 1.2 8v! sum difference but its still dodgey!

jonny106

RMS Regular
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
I take it you are talking about the 1.4 60bhp engine?its pretty pish-i wouldnt bother because you wont notice much of a difference between that and your standard engine.Your engine is fairly untuneable too so i wouldnt even bother wasting your money.Only choice is to save up for a gsi engine or bigger...or buy a new car.

Andy M

RMS Regular
jonny106 said:
I take it you are talking about the 1.4 60bhp engine?its pretty pish-i wouldnt bother because you wont notice much of a difference between that and your standard engine.Your engine is fairly untuneable too so i wouldnt even bother wasting your money.Only choice is to save up for a gsi engine or bigger...or buy a new car.

harsh but true

Karlos S14a

RMS Regular
OP
Karlos S14a
yes, well a 1.6 wud be too big.. i need somethink that wud be inconspicuious, so that i can still get insurace under a 1.2..

@"lisburn cruiser" sad attempt to be funny

Karlos S14a

RMS Regular
OP
Karlos S14a
jonny106 said:

a new car is on the cards.. but this was only to get me by for a while....

Andy M

RMS Regular
italianjob said:
yes, well a 1.6 wud be too big.. i need somethink that wud be inconspicuious, so that i can still get insurace under a 1.2..

@"lisburn cruiser" sad attempt to be funny

thanks

merlin

RMS Regular
If you get a 1.4 mulit point engine (nova sri, early corsa sri) they're 82bhp. pretty quick in a nova, so it should be ok in a corsa.

If you got a GSi engine and use twin 40's you can use a 1400 card rocker cover. (Then it would be seriously quick)

jonny106

RMS Regular
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
Only other option then is a 1.4 16v lump from a Sport-looks different but you will probably get away with it.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
red top :p

if ur gonna get stroked for not havin rite engine....do it rite ;-)

the 1.4 multi point engine is a blinder tho...i had one in my first astra and even in a big car it was gd fun...showed a few corsa sports a thing or 2 :p

merlin

RMS Regular
m00k said:
the 1.4 multi point engine is a blinder tho...i had one in my first astra and even in a big car it was gd fun...showed a few corsa sports a thing or 2 :p

Yep, gotta agree with ya on that one mook, my sri used to beat a couple of gte/gsi novas. A really underestimated wee engine

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
The 1.6 cav engine is the exact same size as the 1200 engine...Uses the same mounts and can use the saem G.box...
Look nearly identical... no 1 will ever know...

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
if you do fit a new engine & aren't insured, just make sure nobody crashes into you!, could ruin your day.... :lol:

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
ermmmm...they look pretty identical...It would take a vaux expert to even tell the difference...
Go 4 it...dont bother listening to people who tell u not to...

Cess

RMS Staff
Nobodys going to give a toss if you change your engine, not even the MOT guys. Just don't crash.

S_Gault

RMS Regular
as above 1.6 8v all same physical fit..

but why stop there.. 2.0L 8v and change the rocker cover for a non breather type.. looks like a 1.2

Dermot

Hmmm, Cav 1.6 8V are Identical, Think its the same engine that comes in the GTE Nova's only they have a 'closer' ratio Gearbox ... In Fitting the 1.6 8v i dont think you'd need Drive shafts made of anything either...

If I was Doing it, Smallest I would be going would be 2.0 8V (A Bit different lookin though), or a Redtop...

Turbo is Thee engine, But there Soft and expensive... So I'd be putting a 2.5 V6 into it :lol: But not what I think your Lookin for...

Best engine for you is the 1.6 8v or 1.4 8V if you look on Migweb.co.uk You can get the odd one thats tunned to the balls rather cheap...

brendy

RMS Regular
whats the point of trannying in a new engine and paying insurance if you crash and they check the engine no against the log book? pretty standard check if you're at fault, which you probably will be.
The resale value of the car will be pish too seeing as noone wants modded cars these days.
save up for this new car your talking about and do it right.
S_gault, you should have more sense than encourage people to run illegal motors seeing as it wouldnt help your reputation.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
anything up to 1.6 8v is small block and will go in without much hassle and look identical to your 1.2, 1.4i is supposed to be very hard to wire in, id go for a small block 80bhp cavvy 1.6 8v as they can be bought for as little as £40 and will be a bit quicker than your 1.2. make sure to keep your original engine though as you'll need to put it back in if you crash

Dermot

Brendy, You'd have to be totally stupid to do an engine transplant and leave the engine number on... Also on most of the older Vaux engines the engine number is Unreadable anyway...
Also as for the car not bein worth as much... It'll be worth more... For example Redtop Nova's = £2K+, Nova turbo's = £3K+, Corsa Turbo's = £3K+

And an Example of how there worth more... Corsa = £700, Turbo Engine = £1000 ... Transplanted is worth 3K ...
Theres a big market out there for transplanted car's ... As the lad I bought a Redtop Daewoo off Found out...lol He is still getting pm's flat out about it...
Also I bought a 1.6 Cav for £250, Stuck in a 2.0L 130 plant at a cost of £100 and sold the car for £750

Dermot

Yes... This would be one of the easier to sell on. But not worth as much as a Redtopped or 2.0 8V one...

brendy

RMS Regular
Funny noone has mentioned uprating brakes, suspension etc
sure , i paid 1400 (1.2 nova)for my first year insurance, 1100(1.4 ibiza), for the second, 2010 (2.0 16v coupe) for my third, 1600 for the fourth, 1400 for last year and 900 for this year, (over 8 and a half thousand pounds)and like what happened a few years ago i got hit by someone who's insurance was void, i took part of the hit, ****ing smart telling people like this how they can **** other peoples lives up, financially and physically.
so anyone with no conscience,morals and a few quid would make perfect customers then right?

Dermot

Naw Brendy ... If you got hit by someone with no Insurace/Void Insurance you would be sorted out by the MIB who usually pay out More than any Insurance company, Meaning you'd have been better off...

As For brakes, When it comes to a 80HP engine, the 1.2 Corsa Standard brakes will cope...
And the Idea behind this transplant is so his Insurance isnt Void should he have an accident... Like I have never heard tell of an insurance company pulling apart an engine and checkin the Cylinder Capacity... And I just cant see them doing it... Buy an Engine out of a breakers and sometimes it comes with no engine number anyway, its been grinded off... And with older Vaux engines, The Engine number if it hasnt been grinded off, it cant be read anyway...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.