vauxhall help lads

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

brendy

RMS Regular
mib pay out mate yea but my car was worth 1500, it was bought a year before for more, and i got 250 back for my written off car, sweet deal! plus my insurance took a hit because i was "involved in an accident" not all insurance companies look at it like that and i moved my policy the next year.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
i dont blame u wantin to change the engine, i used to own a 1.2 8v corsa myself, 44bhp just isnt enough

Karlos S14a

RMS Regular
OP
Karlos S14a
is that all is 44bhp? sweet jesus thats *****.. yeh i fink if iam keepin the corsa for more than half a year i will be puttin in a cavv 1.6 8v..
could i buy an engine on its own, or try buy a full car? so the engine mounts are the same then?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
plus when it comes to upratin brakes etc...its not a budget eater...set of cav/astra gsi discs/calipers can be had for bout 40-60 quid at most...and they're well upto the job..a lot of ppl red topping corsa's etc wont even do rear dsic conversion cos it tends to amke em unstable..

Dermot

italianjob said:
is that all is 44bhp? sweet jesus thats *****.. yeh i fink if iam keepin the corsa for more than half a year i will be puttin in a cavv 1.6 8v..
could i buy an engine on its own, or try buy a full car? so the engine mounts are the same then?

You can get complete cars for round £50-£100 with no MOT and Engines and gearboxes for around £20-£60 Depending on were you look... mounts and linkages are excatly the same.

Only thing is, Is your Car Injected? If so, The 1.6 Small blocks (The one you need that looks identical) Are all carb fed from what I can remember. So you'll have to swap Fuel tank and stuff, or Put the Injection system onto the Carb fed engine...
You'll also need ECU and Loom, Best best is trying to get a whole car for less than £50 ... I have a mate that scrapped one a few weeks back...

Dermot

italianjob said:
its a carb..... so what can be done?

Just stick everything in... No need to change Petrol Tank or anything ... 2 Hour conversion... Just wonderin will Drive shafts fit... I think they do, But double Check before you do it, cause you could end up needing a set of PVD or Courtney Driveshafts costing a nice little £400 ... But I think there the same.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
dont forget to grind the code off the block beside the fourth plug, one quick wipe of the oil could reveal 16NV where 12NV should be and land you in **** street......

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.