Very Serious R1 crash. "WARNING"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
it also annoys the HELL out of me the way they dont sit in traffic and wait like others, they always snipe to the front and take of the the hammers when the lights go green :mad:

big cyril

RMS Regular
Filtering down the middle of stationary traffic queues is not unreasonable, but I don't think you're supposed to pass the vehicle at the head of the queue?
Does anyone know?

Marc

RMS Moderator
it also annoys the HELL out of me the way they dont sit in traffic and wait like others, they always snipe to the front and take of the the hammers when the lights go green :mad:

can i ask why this annoys you? if you had a bike and the ability to filter through heavy traffic would you not?

I know I would, not like they are going to hold you up any, they are up there in front and away before you usually get your foot up off the clutch

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular

The ability to filter traffic (safely) is one of the best aspects about motorcycles, and it doesn't hold up other traffic at all :cool:

I hope that you are not one of the people who trys to squeeze bikers so they cannot pass you when filtering, it costs nothing to give a bike a bit more room when filtering.

jamesy

Daisy

RMS Regular
exactly the same here BA...

What makes me mad in the mornings heading to work sitting in the traffic on stockmans lane is when people move to the white line so as the bikes cant get past.....

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Very sad indeed. I'll always move over when possible for bikes, it's not like it affects my journey time. As said before they are long gone before any car.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
It may be legal but its damn well annoying.

its annoying cos you're an idiot and you cant cope with having to sit for hours in traffic. lane splitting when done safely is definitely one of the best aspects of riding a bike. ive followed a few CHP bikes splitting lanes on the freeways when its a dead stop. its just beautiful and keeps the bike from overheating.

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
And your meant to be a moderator? good joke.
So it doesnt matter if cars overheat? as long as your bikes dont.
Jees i thought public forums were for opinions, your hardly perfect yourself , but if i called you an idiot i'd get three point. wise up.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Thats nasty no matter who is at fault, someone will be left sonless,fatherless,brotherless etc. and amanda if you have ever rode a bike ie not just up a lane or something silly you would soon change your views. I have alot of time of bikers cause most of them have their wit about them on the road and not out in a fast vehicle so people can look at them (not directed@anyone), they have the power and should know when and how to use it.

Jonny

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
sexymanda said:
i wouldnt give the biker my annoyance of doing it, but they can wait like every other road user.

sexymanda said:
Jees i thought public forums were for opinions, your hardly perfect yourself , but if i called you an idiot i'd get three point. wise up.

A bike filtering traffic is actually aiding traffic flow. They are creating an extra lane and thus freeing up space for you and your car.

I find your attitude a little immature on this subject tbh.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS

i'm sorry manda but a retort like 'cos its just annoying' doesn't deserve a sensible response at all. If you did ride a bike you would change your views for certain. In case you didn't realise, cars rarely overheat, they have a radiator which is fan assisted. Bikes have much more compact cooling systems and can overheat and is one of the reasons that lane splitting in california is perfectly legal. i'd rather split the lanes making my own progress than sit in stop/start traffic and wait for some t**t who's not paying attention to rear end me.

if it annoys you, im glad. long may it continue.

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
You just like being an annoying sarky boy dont you? Typical i didnt expect much more.
And your in CA, not N.i were its rarely over the likes of 10 degrees anyways.
i hate bikes, with a passion, there far more dangerous and theres not many guys who buy them to drive semi sensibily, there mostly always acting the arse and being dangerous to other road users. that video just shows it all.
Bike users just get frowned upon as much for acting the **** as cars users do, and we cant even reach the silly speeds that you guys do in most cars.
for most road users there is nothing more annoying than having been sitting in traffic for ten minutes in a queue of traffic waiting to get through a set of traffic lights when just because you have a bike thats smaller you can snipe through and get there quicker. The civic even got its mirror knocked of buy a guy on a bike with bad judgement when he thought he could get thru a space which obviousley wasnt big enough.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
I just don't understand why it annoys you so much. It's not affecting your journey time what so ever.

Should cyclists sit in the traffic also?

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
Cyclists shouldnt be ont he road they dont pay a road tax, even though they dont have an engine it still shouldnt be allowed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.