Vespa px125

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Me and my pal took some mad notion (early onset midlife crisis) and decided to buy a couple of scooters. I have the full bike test and used to have a cbr 600. I didnt fancy another sports bike as i ride too fast for all the little skill i have on them. I would like a bobber or something at some stage though. Anyway i bought this wee wagon to have a bit of craic with over the summer.
2005 vespa px125. Nice mettalic grey colour in great condition. Ive ordered a few bits for it to tidy it up and style it to my taste.
A few pics of it when i got it .
IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

First thing was to change the gear oil which was long overdue. Simple job
IMG_1295.JPG

Next was to tidy up the wheels. They were pretty rusty so i took them off split the rims, sanded them and painted them red.
IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1351.JPG

After that i built them back together and got everthing fitted again. Next up was to clean the whitewalls . Turns out the best thing for it is a bucket with about a liter of hot water and a generous amount of fairy liquid. Then use a scouring pad. Turned out great

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Before
IMG_1348.JPG

After
IMG_1352.JPG

All back together and i think it looks well.
IMG_1358.JPG

Im going to remove the mudflaps as well as fit a front chrome rack with chrome fogs as well as a black leather front tool bag.

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Excellent wee runaround. Looking fresh now. I had no idea you had a 309 Goodwood though!

The 309 is my friends. I store it for him every winter.
The wee vespa aint looking just as fresh now. My buddy jumped on to it earlier and dropped it on the stones at my house. A few wee scuffs on the side panel and front arch. Will get it fixed when the bad weather comes back. Twas pretty funny to be fair and he was really ill done by it. No big deal :cool:

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Chrome Front rack fitted with two small hooded lights. Also bought a hand painted petrol can from a pinstriper called nefarious and fitted it.
IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.