Volkswagen ID Buzz Cargo

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
The wife needs a van for her business and I've been holding off buying something as the prices are mental. Thinking of leasing one of these instead!

Anyone else looking at them?

Ciaran

RMS Regular
OP
Ciaran
Drives
i3 REX
Another option, aka Amazon van...

That's too big unfortunately.
Missed the VAT 8o|

Checked the price list, it's £45750 including. With zero extras mind you.
Up to £5k off with a govt grant.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It's a decent size for a smallish van and does look well. They claim 250 miles ? so real world that's likely to be what 150-200 ? Decent volume, but oddly no mention of actual payload ability.

I'd love to see the forklift that loaded this pallet though ( or the state of the rear door after )

electric_vehicles-id_buzz_cargo_world_prem-loading-16_9-2500x1406.jpg

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Out in the work buzz again today and a few more observations

1. Range seems to be about 220 or maybe more depending on driving style. I can get around 2.6mi/kwh
2. The cruise control buttons on the wheel are not defined enough and you end up changing the set distance instead of the speed.
3. No wheel buttons to answer the phone /end a call
4. The “buttons” under the screen are not lit up at night - these control the vol and temp. Crap design.
5. Heated seat controls - should be a button and not on the touch screen
6. The touchscreen - especially when in CarPlay, the touch points are very small - very hard to use on the move imo.
7. In general, the UI/screen is poor - bring back buttons
8. The brake regen mode is not strong enough for 1 pedal driving
9. Other than that, it’s nice to drive, quiet and comfy. Could have been awesome if they just done a decent UI.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
The screen and dash are very similar - if not identical - to those in the ID4, which my wife has. I agree with all the points above, it's the one area that VW are falling down in with their ID range (and maybe other non-EV vehicles, I don't know if they use a similar setup) - there is a total over-reliance on the touchscreen and haptic sensors for all major controls and these can be a real pain to use, especially on the move. I find I am often activating/disactivating something by accident, or actually struggling to do it when I want to during driving.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Out in the work buzz again today and a few more observations

1. Range seems to be about 220 or maybe more depending on driving style. I can get around 2.6mi/kwh
2. The cruise control buttons on the wheel are not defined enough and you end up changing the set distance instead of the speed.
3. No wheel buttons to answer the phone /end a call
4. The “buttons” under the screen are not lit up at night - these control the vol and temp. Crap design.
5. Heated seat controls - should be a button and not on the touch screen
6. The touchscreen - especially when in CarPlay, the touch points are very small - very hard to use on the move imo.
7. In general, the UI/screen is poor - bring back buttons
8. The brake regen mode is not strong enough for 1 pedal driving
9. Other than that, it’s nice to drive, quiet and comfy. Could have been awesome if they just done a decent UI.
How is the heated wheel turned on?

davyk31

RMS Regular
It’s on the screen for the ID.3 so imagine it’s the same.
Press the climate button which is a real button and that brings the options on the screen. Simple enough

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Press the climate button which is a real button and that brings the options on the screen. Simple enough

Old Touareg was the same, always thought that was stupid.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Will check in the morning. Have been on that screen but never noticed the option

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
On the cayenne it came on automatically if it was below 5 degrees outside.

We’ve a Q4 etron which I guess runs similar UI to the VWs and I find it very frustrating. Even the volume for the radio doesn’t have a proper dial which annoys me far more than it probably should.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Glad to hear it’s not just me being old fashioned then. I’m surprised tbh the EU with all its supposed safety focus hasn’t looked at the use of screens for controls. It’s more dangerous than using a phone while driving. At least with a phone you have the choice to use it or not.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
In the new facelift Mk8 Golf alot the functions have gone back to proper buttons apparently too.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
No control for heated wheel on the climate screen. Presume it’s not fitted in ours

davyk31

RMS Regular
Unless the Buzz controls it in a different way but no it sounds like you don’t have it fitted.