VW Golf R MK7.5 DSG 2018

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
After 5 years with the Audi A4 Avant it was time to change the family car. Prior to the Avant we had a 2016 Golf R MK7 Estate and absolutely loved it.

I wanted to get back into something fun again after building the house while still being practical enough for the family.

We looked at a few options but I kept arriving back at the Golf - either a PP GTI or R but knew I wanted a MK7.5 and DSG.

Viewed a couple but for one reason or another they were not for me and then @Jason advertised this :heart_eyes:

I have always loved Tornado red but wife wanted Lapiz blue but when she seen this she soon changed her mind.

It’s July 2018 which means it’s the 310BHP Pre-OPF model which was my preference.

22K miles with a full service history.
Virtual Cockpit
Apple Car Play
Heated Seats
Rear Privacy Glass
Front/Rear Parking Sensors

This is the second car I have purchased from Jason and couldn’t recommend him highly enough.

He completed a haldex service and had had my plate on it ready for collection last Saturday! (y)

It has been really well looked after which is evident from the cars condition and the service history.

IMG_2790.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

IMG_2812.jpeg

IMG_2797.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Very nice @Carson I love mine. Instantly felt at home in it.

Despite the naysayer armchair pilots you can get them on their toes, but it does take a bit more pace than (I guess) most are comfortable with. Absolutely perfect all round family hauler.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
That’s stunning, health to drive.

Get a res pipe on it as they are far too quiet standard

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Looks great in red. I love mine, exact same spec as yours also

J55NI

RMS Regular
@Carson What's the DSG like in these? I had a DSG GTD Golf and it was horrible. I found it always selected the wrong gear when driving around town at normal speeds. I would consider one myself but the DSG in the GTD put me off it.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@Carson What's the DSG like in these? I had a DSG GTD Golf and it was horrible. I found it always selected the wrong gear when driving around town at normal speeds. I would consider one myself but the DSG in the GTD put me off it.

My 7.5 GTI TCR had the DSG box, I thought it was very good.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Second what @Chris100 said. I also have a GTI TCR and the DSG box is good. I don't experience any issues with wrong gear for around town driving.
Could be a poor match up with the diesel engine just. I always found it would select like 4th gear when it should be in 3rd at a maximum. drove a friends DSG GTD golf and his was the same to be fair. If the DSG is good in the R i would consider one to replace the daily as they seem a great all rounder.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Could be a poor match up with the diesel engine just. I always found it would select like 4th gear when it should be in 3rd at a maximum. drove a friends DSG GTD golf and his was the same to be fair. If the DSG is good in the R i would consider one to replace the daily as they seem a great all rounder.
Get the gearbox adaption / reset carried out and let it learn you driving style again?

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
No complaints with it whatsoever. I also had a Mk7 R with DSG in 2016 and no issues either.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Last Tuesday I rolled the car out of the garage and noticed 2/3 drops of coolant on the ground. Level had not dropped very much, but could see a few drips off the under-tray. Instantly knew it was the common failure of the thermostat housing.

A quick message to @Jason and I left the car up on Wednesday morning and he replaced the water pump, thermostat housing and belt under warranty. Car was ready for collection on Thursday afternoon. Amazing service as always !

For my own records, parts replaced at 24,421 miles which is surprising but I’ve seen guys on the R forums with these failing sub 10k miles. Mad.

Weathers been terrible but gave it a good clean today.

IMG_4208.jpeg

IMG_4206.jpeg

DPHaudi

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Saloon
Beautiful golf r and not too many about in red . The 7.5 is hard to beat