wanted civic wiring loom

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevie s

RMS Regular
Drives
ek civic turbo
need 99-00 civic VTI engine loom 2 get my civic turbo back on the road, any help would b great as i've already tried most scrap yards

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
am why do you need a wiring loom? even on the conversion with a standard loom, only a few wires need added, no need for a complete loom

stevie s

RMS Regular
OP
stevie s
Drives
ek civic turbo
cause car wont start and we've done everythin inc 3 ecu's plus the standard 1 and an adapter harness and still wont start. so we've put it down 2 a break in the loom. the car is originally a VTI just had the engine out 4 a rebuild. do u know of any1 that would have 1?

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
you's obviously have not done everything then!
any sense, befor you try an ecu and the likes, you get a multi meter out, if you think there is a break in the loom, test all the loom wires for continuity

another thing does the car turn over? cause if i turns over it is getting an ign signal, though could have a coded key thats lost it's memory so even a new loom wont cure this, am does your mechanic actually know what he is at?
not to mention the other list of things it could possibly be

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
simon and jonny autronic are both working on this engine bibby, they have tried EVERYTHING and i mean everything, it needs a new loom.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
bibby there is break in the origional loom in the crank senor signal wire,steve however would rather replace the loom than get me to strip it and find the break.

The car is running autronic so the origional immobilsers in the std ecu are nul and void at this stage.

stevie s

RMS Regular
OP
stevie s
Drives
ek civic turbo
i was asked 2 searh 4 a loom and i'm takin it that all of these areas have been checked. it was doin it the odd time before it got the build and we did have it started after but with the standard ecu, it wouldn't start on the autronics.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
ive had it going on the autronic since the rebuild,granted ive had to pull and haul at the loom to get it going.
Ive also had the autronic ecu from this car in another civic and it starts first turn of the key everytime.

If you cant find a loom steve i can strip the origional loom as i said and find the problem for you:cool:

stevie s

RMS Regular
OP
stevie s
Drives
ek civic turbo
alrite jonny i've tried the country 4 this and no1 wants 2 part with 1 i've even tried a few breakers in the mainland

stevie s

RMS Regular
OP
stevie s
Drives
ek civic turbo
spot on but as far as i'm aware simon had done that a bit b4 the car was stripped and couldn't find anythin, i suppose there's no harm in tryin again

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
Worth a try at this stage, will be good to have mini me back on the road again , just needs the subzeros back :p

stevie s

RMS Regular
OP
stevie s
Drives
ek civic turbo
na thy're long gone, mind u i seen another black civic with them on bout 2 weeks ago

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
fair enough but it would cost less and take less time if you say it's a break in the crank sensor wire, you know which wire is at fault, so would take less time to repair the wire than fit a loom!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.