Wanted: First Bike - Bandit, Hornet, Fazer . . .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Hi all,

On the lookout for my first bike, after a Bandit / Fazer / Hornet. Have seen the usual on Facebook and Gumtree, but thought it would be worth posting here as well.

Also any other suggestions for what I should consider - something fairly upright, easy for a new rider etc. Budget is maximum £1500.

Cheers
Alan

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
I have a fazer as well as a fireblade and the fazer is a great bike such a nice place to be so I would defo recommend one.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I had an early Fazer FZS600 as my first bike and it was great. £1500 would get a pretty good one. A bit faster than the bandit. I seem to remember the hornet had a reputation for being more thirsty but might have just been chat.
Fazer definitely has the best brakes. Same as the early R1 at the time.
Main thing to check is that the rear shock isn't dead. As for any bike, it will completely ruin your handling and confidence. And stainless exhaust on the Fazer is a plus as well because they had mild steel originals which rusted.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.