**Wanted Mk5 GTI Edition 30**

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
I was going to suggest a Japanese import to get away from the rust issues on mk5s but they are all 5 doors in Japan it seems.

Yeagh my Pirelli is a Japanese import. The imports are all 5 doors and DSG. I prefer the look of the 5 door anyway myself.

Can vouch for zero rust. Not one spot or sign of it on mine, not even a rusty bolt. The imports have exactly the same corrosion protection underneath as UK models, which is very little hence why so many UK cars look like they've spent some time in the sea. I gave mine a good dose of bilt hamber dynax which is holding up well. It should though as the car does less than 1k miles a year.

Screenshot_20210321_212402_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
They Sound great but they aren’t the sharpest tool, I’d rather something turbo charged I can stick a map on, I loved my mk2 cupra R it flew even at stage 2 with 340bhp

Willy599

RMS Regular
And on Tommek sport tyres. You know, that well known brand that says "I look after my cars no matter the cost!" Especially as there's so many miles on it. Actually, wait.....
Presumably they were told "They're made in the same factory as michelins" or else "They're the same tread pattern as goodyears".

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Serious money for both those cars tbh, and yea **** tyres put me off a car right away I'm sorry.

Im in no hurry. I went and seen a 3 door Mk6 golf R today but not the car for me.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
Blue Graphite. A rare car and worth saving if it's not too far gone.
It's on aftermarket wheels, no idea if the originals are still had. The red trim around the grill is painted yellow and has a god awful yellow/gold tint on windscreen... please, somebody save it!!
Would it be for sale do you think?
I could make enquires if you wanted, have a few mutual friends of the owner.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
you would want a good look at the underside, most seem to be quite bad now, mk6’s the same.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.