wanted oil boiler themostat ASAP

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
Anyone have an oil boiler thermostat spare, north down ards direction? that i could buy tonight?

thanks

dddrrift

RMS Regular
OP
dddrrift
to replace this one?

Attachments

• 3EA520B6-45FB-4EBB-99FF-EBD9CC4AA622.jpeg
    3EA520B6-45FB-4EBB-99FF-EBD9CC4AA622.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 73

NotKG

Banned
whats wrong with it, ?
have you reset the wee button?.
they can keep tripping out if theyre set too high. or if your boiler is running too hot. .
mine done it last winter a few times, then i found out the previous house owner was in there screwing at it, and it had melted 4 of the 5 internal plates and was overheating.

Last edited:

dddrrift

RMS Regular
OP
dddrrift
yes i reset the button and it popped out again a few times, seems to be ok again now, must check the baffle plates now and see what state they are in.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
yes i reset the button and it popped out again a few times, seems to be ok again now, must check the baffle plates now and see what state they are in.

Make sure the blast tube is clean and dry and that no water has made its way down the flue and into the chamber in this weather.

If the blast tune gets wet or rust lands down in round it, you could short out the control box very quickly.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
OP
dddrrift
checked the baffles plates, they are like new, very little dirt on them.
i have a spare burner and it made no difference either. blast tube is clean and dry too. seems to just be a dud thermostat.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.