Wanted-Sat nav unit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Hens teeth these things, I ended up buying a new one :worried: GARMIN Zumo 345LM was £295 in Currys/PcWorld

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I had an older model zumo a few years ago and it was great until it was stolen :joy: Haven't got the Zumo 345 yet but yeah they come with a proper mount and powered cradle for motorbike. You basically wire it direct to battery or to an accessory power distribution gadget if you have one. You'd have an easier time than me with mounting( the v4r has riser bars?) than me, I'm not sure where it's going as the SV is clip-on.

Happy to advise/help where I can, I've had all manner of garmin products over the years.

Last edited:

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
would a cheap phone with a charger hard wired into the bike and a waterproof mount not be cheaper?

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
S1000xr
I had an older model zumo a few years ago and it was great until it was stolen :joy: Haven't got the Zumo 345 yet but yeah they come with a proper mount and powered cradle for motorbike. You basically wire it direct to battery or to an accessory power distribution gadget if you have one. You'd have an easier time than me with mounting( the v4r has riser bars?) than me, I'm not sure where it's going as the SV is clip-on.

Happy to advise/help where I can, I've had all manner of garmin products over the years.

Thanks.Just bought a Multistrada for a bit of touring so fitting it to that.It has a Navihalter mount fitted to it so I think I should be able to mount the cradle to that.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Thanks.Just bought a Multistrada for a bit of touring so fitting it to that.It has a Navihalter mount fitted to it so I think I should be able to mount the cradle to that.
Yep, 4 bolts +wiring and job done
would a cheap phone with a charger hard wired into the bike and a waterproof mount not be cheaper?
Part of the fun is buying stuff lol. I have a wee box of tricks in the SV so I can have 3 ignition live accessories individually powered and fused rather than hardwire a load of stuff to the battery. I already have a 12v socket mounted neatly in the cowling around my dash, adding the garmin when it arrives.

Nothing can draw power in any way without the bike running, something I consider important while touring in the ar*ehole of nowhere

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.