Warranty company? Any recommendations

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Gettin new motor, dealer only offering 3 months warranty as standard but can take a deal.

Thinking probably sourcing your own as I imagine it's a competitive market? Anyone any recommendations of where to quote or where to avoid?

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Is the AA one not well thought of on here, someone was talking about it recently and was well pleased.

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
It's not a Vauxhall soda... So probly gna need some form of warranty :p

Had a feeling most wud b crap :-(

MarkM

RMS Regular
don't waste your cash, been there and been bitten with warranty direct when I had an Audi some years ago, enjoy the car and suck it up and fix if it ever goes wrong

Darren91

RMS Regular
(n) to warrantywise

(y) to autoprotect. might only be available through a main dealer though.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Warranty Wise are terrible. I've dealt with them on behalf of customers and the small print and level of cover is a joke.

gsmith

RMS Regular
If it was me I'd take the dealer up on the offer of extended warrenty. If something goes wrong leave it with said dealer let them sort it with the warrenty company. Just double check what's covered and make sure it's worth your while taking it the extra cover.

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Aye see dealer is in England too which could complicate things too

gsmith

RMS Regular
Ahh rite that would complicate things abit then. Not get a main dealer warrenty on it or contact the manufacturer thats what we done with her mini fully comp breakdown 24 hour emergency with loan car and the years warrenty for £400 odd. Prentice warrenty was slightly cheaper but the car had to have a service with them first wereas mini were happy with receipt for genuine parts and vat registered invoice for the service.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Additional warranty......Honestly divide it down what the warranty costs you per year and put in a seperate account, for a rainy day. A tv motoring /journalist warranty is pish poor no matter how credable they appear on tv. Read between the lines (y)

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
What was wrong with Warranty Direct?
They claimed they were the number 1 in UK & covered wear & tear claims e.g.: clutch when no other warranty provider would.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Aye cover it if it breaks on the second Tuesday of a month with a blue moon in it they'll pay out.
People spending £400 a year on warranty that then probably has an excess as well? Basically placing a £400 bet at very short odds that something expensive will break and that you'll get paid out. Unless your getting something exotic and fragile I would bank the money and basically insure yourself.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Aye cover it if it breaks on the second Tuesday of a month with a blue moon in it they'll pay out.
People spending £400 a year on warranty that then probably has an excess as well? Basically placing a £400 bet at very short odds that something expensive will break and that you'll get paid out. Unless your getting something exotic and fragile I would bank the money and basically insure yourself.

Yeah my 13month policy just ran out with them & guess what. Nothing happened.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I have money set aside for breakdowns enough to cover when something outside of "servicing parts" break. I take it from that then put the money back in weekly until I'm back at my original amount.

gsmith

RMS Regular
When your wife drives a mini you need a warrenty. That's why she took out the extended year. £400 with NO excess last time the car broke down they had it lifted new car left over and car fixed back to us within 2 days £400 is near covered already. ;)

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I've had great success with main dealer warranties before. They paid for themselves many times over.

However do read the small print, not all things are covered.

Some of the smaller dealerships may bleet on about providing a warranty as part of the sales pitch. These at times aren't worth the paper they are written on.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
I used autoprotect in the past, they paid for the legitimate claims i made but they make the process as long and difficult and inconvenient as possible, had to keep on top of them during the claims process, they make you work for your warranty payment where it should be the opposite